Talk

Advanced search

To expect people to put lids on properly *light hearted*

(21 Posts)
Virgo28 Sun 24-Mar-19 15:37:07

Just to give you all a laugh. Down local pub for late lunch and just vigerously shook ketchup bottle without checking the lid. After surviving the ketchup shower I am now using about a hundred napkins to lean chair, table, candle on table and myself while my kids and DP roll around the floor laughing 😂 😂

buzzbobbly Sun 24-Mar-19 15:42:30

It may be LH but perhaps your family could try to control themselves long enough from this incredible side splitter to actually help their mum/wife out?!

Virgo28 Sun 24-Mar-19 15:49:50

Nope to be honest in the state the're all in a chocolate teapot would be more use and if this had happened to DP I would probably be doing the same.

buzzbobbly Sun 24-Mar-19 15:54:13

Really?

It's funny for a minute, sure. But after that it's just grim for the person and any normal person would grow up and help with the cleanup/go and get proper cloths fro staff etc.

It's not continuing ROFL funny!

DaphneFanshaw Sun 24-Mar-19 16:00:25

Yabu for your excessive use of plastic ketchup bottles, for eating in a pub when people are starving and for daring to start a lighthearted thread on MN
We don't have fun on here anymore.

DaphneFanshaw Sun 24-Mar-19 16:01:32

Other than that I have to hold my hand up to being a lid leaver offerer. I just don't seem to be able to work them. It drives DP mad.

Sparklesocks Sun 24-Mar-19 16:02:32

My friend doesn’t put the milk lid back on properly, rather than screw it back on she ‘taps’ it on. Her husband has had a few incidents with finding out the hard way, it’s a real bone of contention in their marriage!!

Mmmmdanone Sun 24-Mar-19 16:02:42

This happened with a customer of mine when I was a waitress. We were told to loosen the ketchup lid before giving to the customer but on this occasion the customer shook it and it went everywhere. I felt so bad ( and had dry cleaning bill deducted from my pay 😒).

Virgo28 Sun 24-Mar-19 16:06:21

@daphnefanshaw - it was a glass bottle hence why I thought I'd give it a good shake. Every plate was cleared so no wastage and yes people on here are far too serious some times, everything was cleaned up and I am now sat in blue jeans decorated with some lovely red patches and a cocktail 🍹

DaphneFanshaw Sun 24-Mar-19 16:06:23

That is really shit Mmmmm

Virgo28 Sun 24-Mar-19 16:08:53

@mmmmdaone - The staff are not even aware it happened, I don't think anyway and I would definitely not expect the waitress to pay for it.

Mmmmdanone Sun 24-Mar-19 16:12:57

It was the restaurant's fault. The poor customer that got covered probably didn't realise how mean the restaurant were to staff. Glad you have a sense of humour about it op!

Oakenbeach Sun 24-Mar-19 16:13:39

How can this be light-hearted?

You do realise that the ketchup you spilt is wasted food, and there are children out there starving ffs hmm

And what about all those clothes you’ll have to wash... hahaha. Yes very funny that you’ll
be heating water (taking us one step closer to catastrophic global warming) and using more detergent (yet more chemicals to poison the world) to clean up this mess. hmm

And going to restaurant - what a waste. Given you’re irresponsible attitude, it wouldn’t surprise me if you’re frittering your money away on this whilst you haven’t yet paid off your mortgage, haven’t maxed out your pension, and have yet to save fully to cover every penny of your children’s student years. confused. Fecklessness personified.

People who make light of such serious matters make me sick.

Oakenbeach Sun 24-Mar-19 16:15:52

Ps I hope you’re suing the restaurant for every penny they have for allowing this wanton breach of health and safety regs. They should check ketchup lids before seating you. It’s nkt exactly hard hmm

DaphneFanshaw Sun 24-Mar-19 16:16:35

I bet she uses a fucking toilet brush too.

brizzlemint Sun 24-Mar-19 16:17:27

Having dropped a whole glass jar of marmite on my foot when somebody didn't put the lid on, I wholeheartedly agree.

Virgo28 Sun 24-Mar-19 16:20:04

@oakenbeach - To make matters worse I've used the washing machine twice today instead of the scrubbing board and bucket 😨 I will have a quiet word with myself later about my recklessness and disregard for the planet.

Oakenbeach Sun 24-Mar-19 16:41:31

I will have a quiet word with myself later about my recklessness and disregard for the planet.

A quiet word! How dare you! Even a quiet word requires breath, and breath produces CO2. Earth destroyer! hmm

EKGEMS Sun 24-Mar-19 16:52:39

Years ago back in the 1980s our church group went to an out of state amusement park afterwards we all had dinner and the minister was shaking the ketchup which had a loose lid and it shot all over the restaurant wall,my sister's head which was turned sideways and all over my shirt and many,many other people as well-our waitress was quite upset but we all tried to clean up the mess but there's only so much you can do with paper towels

Virgo28 Sun 24-Mar-19 17:35:05

@oakenbeach - I have made myself sit in the corner and am grounded for a month 🤣😂

@EKGEMS

That sounds worse than mine! For a minute I actually wished my kids were little again because then I'd have had a stash of wet wipes handy.

EKGEMS Sun 24-Mar-19 18:04:09

Virgo28 I think he only way it could've been messier would've playing football with tomatoes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »