Talk

Advanced search

River island sizing

(83 Posts)
Sunkist12 Sun 24-Mar-19 14:19:16

Does anyone find that river island jeans come up small? Or is this me just hoping confused

I'm usually a size 12 and I ventured into river island for the first time to buy jeans. Tried on the mom jeans and I couldn't fasten them up.
I wondering if it's me that's gained a few pounds, or if they are small to size?
I've got a few different brands at home which are all 12s and no issue. Come you through some true to size shops at me? I find new look, very and m&s really good for jeans.

Please help before I go on an eternal crash diet.

Duster12 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:00:03

hmm

I'm a 6 and RI are huge sized, as in falling down around my ankles. Definite vanity sizing going on there.

TacoFlavouredKisses Sun 24-Mar-19 23:01:59

I'm so glad it's not just me - I'm a Topshop 10, M&S 8, H&M 8 (actually have a pair of 6s from H&M now too after their size adjustment!) - and tried on three pairs of RI jeans in a 10 last week (Amelie, Harper and Mollie) and really struggled to even get them up blush

Sunkist12 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:04:41

I think I'll have to go with whatever fits, fits! I focus too much on a number. Also, I have around 7-10 lbs to go, I tend to fluctuate here and there

Sunkist12 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:05:44

taco have you tried new look Yasmin Jean? Very similar to Molly, basically live in them

AllTheJingleLadies Sun 24-Mar-19 23:08:44

You have a lovely figure.
I'm surprised about your comments as I just found my perfect fit size 12 jeans in RI, and I am 5'7" and a little over 11st. I am in proportion (though my legs are thick) and you look like you are too. The style is called Amelie - perhaps try them? Maybe the pair you tried on were mis-labelled.
I usually find s12 fits in most places, H&M is the only one which is hit & miss

Sunkist12 Mon 25-Mar-19 10:29:34

I'll take a look at those, thank you.

Fimat Mon 25-Mar-19 10:38:02

Definitely agree that you have to try on a few pairs. Bought a pair of black mollie jeans from river island, size 10. Wore them loads and they faded songut another pair. Didn’t try them on and they were ridiculously tight on me and I hadn’t gained weight and the other pair fitted perfectly even after being washed etc. So annoying.

sushisuperstar Mon 25-Mar-19 19:43:56

This is why I always have to try stuff on in the shop or buy two sizes online. It's bloody annoying. But hey ho. It would be wonderful to have universal sizing but of course all bodies are made differently. There really is no point in comparing your make up to someone else's IMO as it's not as clear cut as that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »