Talk

Advanced search

Shark v Dyson??

(109 Posts)
ILoveBray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:12:28

Posting for traffic, sorry! Please help me choose a new hoover.....

My Henry has finally packed up and I have up to £350 to spend on a new vacuum.

I have a townhouse with 4 floors so it needs to be cordless and light, and can deal with multiple surfaces.

It seems that Shark or Dyson is the way to go, but which one? And which model is the best?

Thanks!

Pharlapwasthebest Sun 24-Mar-19 09:14:53

I've had both. Dyson are shit. I have never been so disappointed, after spending what was a considerable sum for something I'd wanted for ages. I sold it for £20.
Shark is great (although I don't have the cordless), but still.

WBWIFE Sun 24-Mar-19 09:15:13

Shark

This is mine..

sharkclean.eu/uk/product/shark-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-truepet-duoclean-flexology-if250ukt/

kittybee Sun 24-Mar-19 09:16:16

Shark gets my vote!

AnarchyKitty Sun 24-Mar-19 09:17:31

Shark! And they have headlights. I love mine.

ILoveBray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:17:32

WBWIFE That's the Shark one I was looking at. Glad to hear it's good.

ChittyChittyBoomBoom Sun 24-Mar-19 09:19:13

I’ve had both and the Shark gets my vote! We’ve got the lift away and it’s brilliant for stairs.

Todamhottoday Sun 24-Mar-19 09:19:16

Never had a shark but totally regret spending £££ on a Dyson, its rubbish and is now a dust gatherer hanging like a corpse on the wall.

I have just bought a Henry though...........

ILoveBray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:19:41

AnarchyKitty and kittybee which models do you have?

ShirleyPhallus Sun 24-Mar-19 09:20:07

Shark liftaway here too!

ILoveBray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:21:40

Todamhottoday

I love Henry, but the shape is a nightmare for lots of stairs!

Jins Sun 24-Mar-19 09:22:24

Shark liftaway here. It’s corded but I don’t mind that and it’s so versatile and easy to convert that it’s definitely one to consider

jinglewithbellson Sun 24-Mar-19 09:24:32

Shark shark shark.
On my second one now

It's brilliant grin

Badcat666 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:25:46

I hate dyson with a vengeance. Avoid at all cost.

Had the animal and spent most of my time having to manually sweep up first because it would not pick up things the size of split dry cat food (or even smaller). If it did manage to suck a small kibble it would get itself bunged up and I would spend what seemed like hours trying to shift the bloody blockage because for some unknown reason the design of the bloody thing means it is REALLY hard to get access to any tube thingies. Plus I only live in a tiny hobbit hole and when it did work I was forever bloody emptying the thing.

I think Dyson are designed for households where there is only possible teeny weeny particles of dust like on their smug ads. Mine is rotting in the shed.

I've no experience of Shark but for £50 extra I think you would be better off buying 4 Henrys and having one on each floor! grin

Dockray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:25:56

Just got the shark with the £50 off offer from mumsnet (offer pinned at the top of housekeeping board) It is BRILLIANT. the only downside is that is doesn't hold a lot, but it is so easy to use that we find we do hoovering more regularly anyway.

Always had Dysons before and the shark is much better.

user1471462656 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:28:32

I’ve had the shark cordless for nearly 2 years now, have loved it from the start and this past week had to borrow my sisters Dyson. Have to say I’m so disappointed with the Dyson and am very happy to have my Shark sorted.
The Dyson is possibly lighter weight but nowhere near as good a clean on the carpets.

ILoveBray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:34:05

Dockray I just had a look and couldn't find the £50 discount code. Do you happen to have it still?

Looks like Shark is winning!

AdvancedAvoider Sun 24-Mar-19 09:34:18

Dyson V10. If people who are saying Dyson are crap haven't tried a V10 then they do not have a valid opinion.

ILoveBray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:35:20

Badcat666

I would totally have bought 4 Henrys but they don't store very tidily! grin

sparepantsandtoothbrush Sun 24-Mar-19 09:38:48

Shark liftaway here too and I love it. And yes to the headlights 😂

I've had Dysons previously but the Shark is much better IMO. I can't even have it on the highest setting in my kitchen as it's too powerful and tries to pull my lino up!

Firstworddinosaur Sun 24-Mar-19 09:43:23

I've never used a Shark but I do love my Dyson. It's a cordless V8 I think. I've a small three bedroom semi, two messy kids no pets. Lovely and light, does the job.

AmIBU123 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:44:57

We went for Dyson V10 and it's fabulous. Heard good things about Shark too.

Flev Sun 24-Mar-19 09:46:19

Shark here too, we have a cordless one and it is amazing! I was initially reluctant to spend so much on it, but it is more than proving its worth

Dockray Sun 24-Mar-19 09:47:00

I think it was MUMSNET50.

Delivery was super quick and they texted to give an hours delivery slot which is always useful!

MrsDeanWinchester75 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:52:11

I'm another who's switched from Dyson to Shark and agree it's much better, I've got the corded though because it's a big house and we've got pets and reviews said the corded were more powerful.

Only downside is the bin is ridiculously small.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »