Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think I have a ghost cat

(6 Posts)
Mailfuckoff Sun 24-Mar-19 06:23:07

A couple of years ago my much loved cat was killed suddenly by a passing car. It was a shock and really upset me, that cat was my shadow. We have a couple more cats but at night they are all downstairs behind a door. Just now, and previously I've seen a cat like movement at the corner of my eye that was just like my little girl. Despite not believing in ghosts has my furry purry stuck around to keep an eye on me?

floribunda18 Sun 24-Mar-19 06:32:26

Aw. Does it comfort you to think she has? flowers

I don't know about ghost cats being spirits of our deceased moggies, but when I lost my cat when she was 19, and I had had her since I was 8 years old, I was very sad and we had a very close bond. I sometimes used to "hear" her padding about in the kitchen when I was in the bathroom next door (her claws used to get long when she waa elderly, and we used to have to take her to get them trimmed, so it made a tapping sound on the hard floor). Lots of cat shapes in the corner of my eye. I used to be half asleep, dreaming in the mornings that she was sitting on my chest in bed and stomping and purring, and I could actually feel her soft fur and everything. I stopped "hearing" her a few months after she passed away but I dreamt about her for ages. It was lovely.

Decormad38 Sun 24-Mar-19 06:42:02

Aw in a way yes if you are seeing her then she’s your ghost cat.

Tinkerbell456 Sun 24-Mar-19 06:49:11

I had a dream about a dog of hours that died once. He was in a field of daffodils and he turned and gave me his usual massive dog grin. It was as if he was telling me he was happy and not to be sad.

priya33 Sun 24-Mar-19 07:05:20

That's sweet. Maybe she came back to check you were OK and for you to see she was.

VirginiaWolfHall Sun 24-Mar-19 07:07:49

My lovely cat died and in the weeks afterwards there were a few times that I sensed her jump up onto the bed with me as I was waking. I’m quite cynical but it comforted me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »