Talk

Advanced search

A dog walking one...

(31 Posts)
Maneandfeathers Sat 23-Mar-19 19:53:04

Normal etiquette is dog off lead=friendly and dog on lead= leave alone.

So technically as both off lead then the man probably presumed ‘your’ dog was fine however it wasn’t and so he is annoyed.

I am always very clear and put mine on leads to walk past anyone. If I left mine off lead I expect them to be approached heel or no heel.

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sat 23-Mar-19 19:53:01

Hmm pounced on sounds a bit much. What do you mean by that?

Soubriquet Sat 23-Mar-19 19:50:23

No you wasn’t

They are obviously of the persuasion that small dogs get priority

And I speak as someone who owns one dog that is smaller than the average cat

Katinkka Sat 23-Mar-19 19:50:19

I always assume that off lead dogs are friendly so I think yabu tbh.

BiscuitDrama Sat 23-Mar-19 19:49:36

What did the “pounced on it” mean exactly?

Carseatconundrum Sat 23-Mar-19 19:48:18

Out for a family walk, I had my 2 kids, family member bought their dog.

Dog was mostly off lead. It's a large dog, but more of a pastoral breed than a guard dog breed. Every time we saw an on lead dog, dog was recalled and placed on lead. Every time we passed anyone else, dog was recalled and brought to heel or told to sit until they had passed.

All was going well until we passed a smaller off lead dog going the other way, our dog was called to heel but the other dog approached and tried to play/sniff etc. Our dog turned quickly, barked and pounced on it, but let go when we commanded it to leave. The small dog ran off and our dog was called back to heel and he obeyed.

The owner of the other dog swore at us and said our dog should be on a lead. We think that as their dog approached ours, they were in the wrong (after all, if our dog had been on lead their dog could still have approached ours)

WIBU?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »