Talk

Advanced search

How to handle nasty ex who will not communicate even arrange o return each others things

(6 Posts)
colgor Sat 23-Mar-19 16:14:38

Hope this is the correct place to post this? If not please advise how and where to post instead?

One partner, after a year or two together, is deeply insecure. Numerous bizarre accusations are made, questioning integrity, all are considered and explained lovingly and carefully. Apology is made but the pattern keeps repeating. Insecure partner then makes a mountain out of molehills and becomes increasingly difficult but argues it is the other way. A friend suggests illogical behaviour is in order to push the other partner away so that the relationship is ended and so proved correct. No need to worry anymore if the relationship is over. Does seem to love and care at other times but craves affection. Partner says this cannot continue and and will work together as hopes to sort out but anticipates the end of the relationship. There are are many times the relationship could have ended amicably but the insecure one chooses to end it by text on a significant special day for partner but claims this is regrettable and there is no good day. Since then no calls are answered, not only unfriended but blocked on FB, emails ignored. Paths will inevitably cross in future socially, but no words have been spoken since this spineless and nasty end, and possessions have not been returned etc. Why is the insecure partner behaving like this, showing no respect, and playing victim? Ideas and opinions gratefully received.

redexpat Sat 23-Mar-19 16:30:01

Because the other person is a knob. Do you really need the stuff back?

Order654 Sat 23-Mar-19 16:34:20

What stuff do they have ? Write it off if possible.

cuppycakey Sat 23-Mar-19 16:34:27

You need to stop wondering about why he does this and start focusing on yourself and why you have tolerated it for so long.

Forget the stuff. Block him everywhere and move on.

colgor Sat 23-Mar-19 16:44:32

Thanks. I might have no choice. Just upset after trying so hard to be understanding and work through it. Why the nastiness and silent treatment? Our paths will cross so I would have preferred a sad but amicable end. Makes no sense to me. Perhaps a coping mechanism? It achieves nothing. Just wish I could get into the head of my ex to try and work it out? All very sad and just adds to the pain.

colgor Sat 23-Mar-19 21:08:49

I just noticed there is a relationships area. I had best post there. I'll try to delete here. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »