Talk

Advanced search

To hate my neighbours?

(24 Posts)
zunshine Sat 23-Mar-19 14:27:53

I've only been living here for about a year now, new neighbours moved in a few months ago. A couple with 5 children, 4 primary aged and then 1 teenager and a dog. I said hello in passing a day or two after they moved in, i was given a dirty look in return. Their DC are very noisy, they have a trampoline in their garden and I can hear jumping and screaming every day way past my DDs bedtimes. They go to the same school as my DDs and one is in my 6 year olds class. He's been very distruptive and has been bullying other children, has teased DD many times. Most their DC seem like this though the teenager has been very polite. The dog is constantly yapping and they often argue very loudly. I'm considering moving, I love this house, very close to the school and my neighbour on the other side is lovely but living next door to them has been horrible

zunshine Sat 23-Mar-19 14:38:54

Bump

MissionItsPossible Sat 23-Mar-19 14:41:17

I hate them and I don’t even know them

windydoggy Sat 23-Mar-19 14:46:05

Poor you 💐
Try and switch off from them , easier said than done I know , been there myself .
Actually it could be my old neighbours 5 children a dog and absolutely no parenting skills at all , kids spitting and throwing stuff over fence each and every day .
Either ignore them or go completely over the top with huge hellos and lots of waving when you see them , that will confuse them .
Fingers crossed they move on soon ours did .

PlumCakeChica Sat 23-Mar-19 14:48:56

Poor you, it’s very unsettling having awful neighbours. Ours moved in last year and are horrible racists, who hate all foreigners and even told my dh to go home in front of our kids - even though he’s been living and paying high rate tax here for 28 years confused
I think we will move once our kids finish secondary.

zunshine Sat 23-Mar-19 15:20:42

Thank you, it wouldn't be so bad if the walls weren't so thin, I can hear every word they say

lazyarse123 Sat 23-Mar-19 15:22:56

I hate my neighbours too. Next door but one, I am sat in my living room with the windows shut listening to their music over my tv. According to my daughter every time the sun comes out they go deaf. I know it's the middle of the day but it's every time there's a nice day. So selfish.

lazyarse123 Sat 23-Mar-19 15:23:46

Sorry yanbu.

HJWT Sat 23-Mar-19 15:27:56

Do the same to them...

Littleloafofbread Sat 23-Mar-19 15:29:48

We moved away from horrible neighbours last year and it's still a blissful feeling knowing that we don't have to put up with their crap any more. Obviously it was sheer chance that our new neighbours are such decent people. Saying that, we didn't move specifically because of the neighbour issues, but solving them was a very welcome bonus!

If you can move quite easily and are prepared to take a risk, it might be worth it. It's a very risky call to make though!

ooooohbetty Sat 23-Mar-19 15:32:33

My saviour from noisy neighbours has been noise cancelling headphones that I now wear in my home confused

Saythatonemoretime Sat 23-Mar-19 15:33:53

YANBU. It’s awful having selfish neighbours and can make life a misery. I’ve lived in a flat with noisy woman above with loud music day and night and stomping about slamming doors - she was the worst.

My house ATM is a modern semi with the thinnest walls known to man and the floorboards are creaky and loud across both properties. I’m due to have new neighbours move in any day now and I’m really anxious waiting to see who turns up sad

rosydreams Sat 23-Mar-19 15:35:22

all i ever hear is my neighbor screaming and swearing at her children unfortunately were ever you go neighbors are pot luck

windydoggy Sat 23-Mar-19 15:43:26

@Saythatonemoretime Fingers crossed for you . Hopefully they will be lovely , feel your pain though 💐

Thesuzle Sat 23-Mar-19 15:46:49

Yes i heard my first Boing/squeak of spring last weekend, I HATE THE BLOODY TRAMPOLINE THEY HAVE

windydoggy Sat 23-Mar-19 15:47:20

Trouble is with bad neighbours is even when they make usual living noise it grates more as your never sure if they are doing it to annoy you .
Lived in same house for 30 years and had 6 different neighbours.
3 good and 3 bad .

Boysey45 Sat 23-Mar-19 16:00:02

Who owns the house OP? Report them to the Council/landlord or HA.
If your privately renting then I'd move if it was really getting to me.

HomoHeinekenensis Sat 23-Mar-19 16:03:55

I had to move due to shitty neighbours. Bloody windchime, water feature, dogs barking, kids screaming and I mean ear ringing type screams all summer, car engine revving all day and half the fucking night, bouncing a ball off something endlessy, car radio blaring and then them getting shitty because they had to cut my hedge on their side when I said I was happy to do it but they had to shut their vile dog in (and I work with dogs) which they refused to do even for the hour it would take me to cut the effen hedge.
I called the Police to them once as it sounded like someone was getting strangled around there. It drove me utterly batshit and I regularly used to sit in the car in a layby just to get some peace.
I now have no neighbours bar a load of pheasants and a little owl. It is heaven! The house is a shit hole but I don't care. People are hell.

FullOfJellyBeans Sat 23-Mar-19 16:48:43

YANBU it pissed me off just hearing about them. I knew a family like that just inexplicably hostile and aggressive to everyone.

Grace212 Sat 23-Mar-19 17:00:17

Homo "I now have no neighbours bar a load of pheasants and a little owl"

that sounds amazing!

OP I feel really sorry for you. The trouble with making a noise back is that they are too noisy to notice or care. YANBU at all. Any chance they are going to move soon?!

JacksonvilleJaguars Sat 23-Mar-19 17:04:06

I really hate my neighbours, vile constantly breeding people that they are.

Devonishome1 Sat 23-Mar-19 17:08:27

I also hate my neighbours. Wish they would just disappear.

SimonJT Sat 23-Mar-19 17:12:54

I feel for you, having horrible neighbours can be really stressful, I live in a basement flat, I’m fairly sure my upstairs neighbours wear concrete blocks for shoes. Banging parties every weekend, and ‘visitors’ at unusual hours.

Jb291 Sat 23-Mar-19 17:18:59

I hate my neighbours too. Constant loud banging of doors and windows, loud music. Their child is a demonic undisciplined little shit which spends much of its time screaming and running around the house. They are the most inconsiderate twats I have ever come across.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »