Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with argos?

(27 Posts)
Bobbycat121 Sat 23-Mar-19 11:14:11

It was my sons birthday yesterday, whilst he was at school I went to argos and got him a game for his computer. Later on after school we went out to dinner and son opened presents and there was no game inside! it was completely sealed. Obviously by that point argos was shut but I called costumer service and they said to return to the store to replace it but Im not convinced they will and dont want the embarrassment. Has this ever happened to anyone else? my son was disappointed what are the chances they will give a new one?

ApollO88 Sat 23-Mar-19 11:17:14

This happened to us a year or so ago. We went in and bought a ds game of some sorts.
Son opened it in the car and it was empty. Like yours the game was sealed.
We went straight back in and they accused us of having them on.
After some back and forth with the manager they eventually agreed to give us another one. I opened it there and then to see and it was also missing.
Every single one of the 8 they had in stock was empty!

drogon1 Sat 23-Mar-19 11:21:07

YABU, Argos dont package the games so how could they know it was empty? They also can't help it if their store hours don't revolve around your plans. Customer services did what they could over the phone without seeing any evidence.

YWBU to be annoyed with the manufacturers.

thefirst48 Sat 23-Mar-19 11:23:21

Are you sure you don't have to download it? Look at the leaflets inside does it say anything about a download? Was it Fortnite?

Bobbycat121 Sat 23-Mar-19 11:26:28

Yes fortnite. There was no leaflets inside either, nothing.

TSSDNCOP Sat 23-Mar-19 11:29:36

They’ve said they’ll replace it. What more could you possibly want? Presumably your child couldn’t play last night as you’d been out. He just had to wait for you to go to the shop. It’s you that’s delaying that now isn’t it?

Bravelurker Sat 23-Mar-19 11:35:16

After hearing about customers buying faulty/blatantly old used/missing items from argos and having staff not believing them, I now make a point of checking them in the store.

thefirst48 Sat 23-Mar-19 13:59:58

I bought Fortnite a couple of weeks ago and the box was empty, looked in the booklet/leaflet and there was a code number to download the game.

Processedpea Sat 23-Mar-19 14:06:11

On the argos website it days game downloadable by code

IceRebel Sat 23-Mar-19 14:09:27

Empty boxes are pretty common now, it seems daft but it's the way things are these days. There will be a code to download the game.

WhatToDoAboutWailmerGoneRogue Sat 23-Mar-19 14:17:09

YABU. They’re empty because they’re meant to be; you download the game from a code inside. If there’s no leaflet it’ll be on the inside of the box.

IceRebel Sat 23-Mar-19 14:27:26

@Bobbycat121 Have you found the code yet?

Motherofcreek Sat 23-Mar-19 14:31:03

Oh no! Jesus I bet those empty boxes have been binned biscuit

AdvancedAvoider Sat 23-Mar-19 14:44:54

My ds just downloaded Fortnite, we didn't have to buy anything initially.

chocomug Sat 23-Mar-19 14:56:05

Guys fornite is free!

Do not buy it! You're buying a different game all together. It's confusing and the makers know it.

Fortnite is free to download and play.

You do not need to buy it!

chocomug Sat 23-Mar-19 14:57:01

The reason why the box is empty is because you can only download it.

chocomug Sat 23-Mar-19 14:58:32

www.businessinsider.com/parents-buying-fortnite-free-game-2018-11?r=US&IR=T

Heratnumber7 Sat 23-Mar-19 15:01:25

We've bought two things from Argos in the last few years that we're dirty when we opened them: a hairdryer and a kitchen bin.
They don't check returns before they resell them.
When we took the bin back the response was "how do we know you haven't used it?"

KC225 Sat 23-Mar-19 15:41:22

Yes, happened to me at Christmas. Same thing - sealed game, NOT a code game, no disc. When I called customer services - they were, yeah bring it back and we'll change. Apparently, it does happen. If you have the receipt they will change it.

HotChocLit Sat 23-Mar-19 15:47:25

Fortnite is a download op

HotChocLit Sat 23-Mar-19 15:48:34

Bought this for teenage son at xmas.blue square of paper and white box with code

caughtinanet Sat 23-Mar-19 15:56:30

You don't have to pay for fortnite, what console is he playing on.

Can you link to the game?

caughtinanet Sat 23-Mar-19 15:58:56

Actually, looking at the games on Argos they say download is via a redemption code which sounds to me like no actual disk, have you read the instructions?

caughtinanet Sat 23-Mar-19 16:00:47

I see someone has already posted the same, not all the posts had loaded when I posted, sorry for repetition.

HotChocLit Sat 23-Mar-19 18:12:34

The game gives you tons of v bucks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: