Talk

Advanced search

Michael Jackson on the radio

(52 Posts)
fruitbastille Sat 23-Mar-19 08:34:43

Aibu to be shocked to hear him played on radio 2 yesterday? They erased jimmy saville from the bbc so I presumed they'd do the same for Michael Jackson. I speak as someone who was a massive fan, but now every time I hear his songs I see those men and it's just so sad and awful.

MonteStory Sat 23-Mar-19 17:06:36

To me the difference is that radio play=profit. It’s perfectly possible, and indeed important, to talk about Jackson’s impact on modern music and artists but his family should not be allowed to profit.

I believe his family are very much culpable as I’m not convinced they really thought he was innocent. No effort seems to have been made to stop him from deliberately befriending pubescent boys.

PositiveVibez Sat 23-Mar-19 19:36:10

Prince was good 'n all

But nothing compared to the phenomenon that was MJ

Subjective of course, but Prince was a FAR superior musician and performer than MJ.

I can't separate the artist from the art. Would not watch a polanski movie. Would not go to an exhibition of the depraved Gill and will change station when MJ comes on.

Of course this is all personal taste.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »