Talk

Advanced search

Help! 7yr old suddenly started waking earlier than normal!!

(6 Posts)
ThankGoodnessItsWineOclock Sat 23-Mar-19 08:32:53

My DS has been waking up earlier than normal (around 5:30) all week. I have no idea why!

Any ideas?

(He has slept from 7:30/8pm to 7am for the last year or two! This week, he's been up at 5:30 or 6 ever morning, even last night when he went to bed at 9. He is v v sporty (and if anything, sports has ramped up a bit this week) so he should be tired!! When he wakes, I can tell he's not had his full compliment if sleep! Is this some kind if growth spurt?)

ThankGoodnessItsWineOclock Sat 23-Mar-19 08:33:31

Sorry for all the typos in that!!

AnnieMay100 Sat 23-Mar-19 08:40:10

Does he eat anything sugary in the couple of hours before bed? My daughter goes through a similar phase now and again, usually if she’s had a full on exciting day or had a few too many sweets. Try and avoid snacks leading up to bedtime, lights dimmed, book or movie for chill time. I’d personally also invest in an alarm that will show him when it’s morning time, make him feel grown up being in charge of it. But some children are just early risers and wake at the crack of dawn unfortunately, hopefully just a phase that he’ll grow out of

monkeysox Sat 23-Mar-19 08:41:25

Clocks change next week it'll be OK then 😉

DonPablo Sat 23-Mar-19 08:41:31

Is it the lighter mornings and the birds?

ApolloandDaphne Sat 23-Mar-19 08:43:54

Lighter mornings i would think. I have been waking too early because of this too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »