Talk

Advanced search

for being very p***** off with dh's family

(9 Posts)
ratfly Tue 10-Jul-07 20:26:19

This is a huge rant. I don't care if you lot think we are unreasonable or not , they just p*55 us off, and I need a rant!!

ok, so we are old (mid thirties), but yet AGAIN not a phone call / card from ANY of dh's family on his birthday. even my family rang him up (at work!), sent little presents, send cards.

And this happens every year, although the rest of his siblings always get a call / card. Even presents, though we don't expect that. That would be RIDICULOUS!!!! (honestly, we know it is just a birthday, we just feel neglected)

Oh yeah, and we have a 6 month old baby. His mum has visited ONCE - my dad lives in the same town and visits every weekend... and works full time still..

Anyway, to get to the point... his birthday was yesterday. And he just got a call off his sister. She wanted to know how to sell on ebay. No asking how ds was. Or any 'happy birthday'. Then his mum chipped in, in the background, "I didnt send you a card, because you were supposed to come down Sunday." Not even asking to talk on the phone, or asking how ds is. It was our fault, apparently (we did mention, in passing, that we might be round, but nothing was confirmed)

Just to put it in context, we didn't visit at Christmas last year because I was 9 months pregnant. But that was ok cos Christmas was cancelled as dh's mum was skint anyway. Dh popped in anyway on Christmas day (he had to see his dad who lives nearby, long story). There was a massive party. Yet, no Christmas card for us.

Look, I KNOW these are just days in the year. But dh feels like s*1t because EVERY year his family forget him

Rant over (for now)

XcupcakemummyX Tue 10-Jul-07 20:52:52

say happy birthday from me

ratfly Tue 10-Jul-07 20:54:02

lol. thanks!

do you think there is a message we aren't quite getting from them, iyswim.

kickassangel Tue 10-Jul-07 20:55:00

YANBU

mymama Tue 10-Jul-07 20:58:22

. I thought my mil was bad. At least dh gets one pair of white undies for his birthday.

I feel for your dh. It feels pretty cr*p when your own family can't even make a call.

And mid thirties is not old

Bouncingturtle Tue 10-Jul-07 21:00:16

What a miserable bunch of a*holes, no wonder you're pissed off - your poor DH. I hope you and you ds give him a nice birthday

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 10-Jul-07 21:12:03

your poor dh, its horrible to feel discluded even though you aren't really after anything than being thought about.

i have this with dh's family, stupid things like at xmas the whole family will get a selection pack (including my dcs dh and my bil and sil's) and yet i dont, not that im bothered what i get, but to be blatently left out is horrible!!

say happy birthday from me!

lizziemun Tue 10-Jul-07 21:12:11

It was dh birthday yesterday as well, but his mum has never celebrated his birthday as it's his dad birthday as well.

We always have to go to theirs for the day, to celebrate his dad's birthday and DH normally get "oh here's yours" in passing.

The thing is he doesn't want any presents he only asks for a card.

Mil will phone his brother in Germany at least once a week but never phones him.

katylui1 Tue 10-Jul-07 21:51:53

Ditto ditto ditto - honestly you could well be married to my DP (now that would be thread!)
I console myself with the thought that thats obviously why he has chosen such a loving, caring, inclusive, trustworthy, thoughtful and downright bloody perfect woman to mother his own kids. Because they are all everything I'm not and I am bloody proud of it!

Still doesn't stop him wanting it and ALWAYs being disapppointed in them and now he has met my wonderful family he is even more embarassed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: