Talk

Advanced search

To feel very proud of my little sister

(21 Posts)
TheFirstRuleOfFightClub Fri 22-Mar-19 19:50:27

Within 10 minutes of finding out her partner of many years had cheated, he was out on his arse and his clothes were flying out of the front door after him. Within 24 hours there wasn't a trace of his things. She's extremely upset but it's been a week now and she really isn't going to take him back. What a woman!

MinistryOfTragic Fri 22-Mar-19 19:59:17

Good for her, I'd like to think I'd do the same. It may hit her harder later though, watch out for that.

dinkydolphin Fri 22-Mar-19 20:05:17

You should be proud!

TheFirstRuleOfFightClub Fri 22-Mar-19 20:10:00

I'm sure it will, we're a large family and plenty of us at hand any time. She's told me all about it, what an arse hole!

Redshoeblueshoe Fri 22-Mar-19 20:14:33

Be very proud.

CoffeeRunner Fri 22-Mar-19 20:18:04

Yes, definitely be proud.

Although, I did the same & then took him back 8 months later. 2 years after that we separated again - for good this time - but the road to freedom can sometimes be long & complicated!

Crunchymum Fri 22-Mar-19 20:28:49

My sibling had their cheating partner gone for 8 months before reconciliation. But good gut reaction and hope it stands her in good stead.

MinistryOfTragic Fri 22-Mar-19 20:50:39

She sounds like she's got the support around her to stay strong, as hard as it is, which is important. I'd be very proud of her too.

GreenFieldsofFrance Fri 22-Mar-19 21:00:19

What a woman indeed! You should be proud. I feel the same way about my sister who left a long abusive marriage with 2 young kids. She knew he'd make her life hell and he did. But she got out, bought her own house, is going from strength to strength in her career and i worship at the door of her amazingness.

SrSteveOskowski Fri 22-Mar-19 21:09:22

Good for her! She's an Una Healy not a Coleen Rooney.

weekendsleep Fri 22-Mar-19 21:12:10

Good for her! It's such a hard thing to do- be there for her in the weeks to come as she may be struggling in private.

weekendsleep Fri 22-Mar-19 21:12:59

@SrSteveOskowski ah I love Una! Gorgeous woman who knows her worth. star

FrozenMargarita17 Fri 22-Mar-19 21:14:39

Well done !!!

Justheretogiveaviewfrommyworld Fri 22-Mar-19 21:25:07

Be proud, but also watch for signs of more than 'upset' when the adrenaline has left her system. Took me 6 weeks to realise I was on my own with 2 tiny DC (was only a teen myself) and coming to terms with the fact their father had abused me and the feeling of depression was crushing. Even though on the outside I was a 'strong single mum'. I really hope it won't happen to your sister, but just keep an eye OP. xx

Eliza9917 Fri 22-Mar-19 21:30:06

Are CoffeeRunner and CrunchyMum sisters! shock

TheFirstRuleOfFightClub Fri 22-Mar-19 21:31:36

I'll keep an eye out for her, my other sister has spent a lot of time with her too. Thanks everyone.

youarenotkiddingme Fri 22-Mar-19 21:39:06

Good for her.

I had XMIL standing in my lounge next to me when a very good friend had to break the news over phone to me of XP infidelity.
I calmly saw her out - all smiles - then rang XP and informed him not to come home.
He never stepped foot in that house ever again.

Once I'd started to heal I realised I was far stronger than I'd ever given myself credit for - I hope your sister realises this too. It's a game changer

Thesnobbymiddleclassone Fri 22-Mar-19 21:42:33

Good for her and wow what a strong girl. I don't think I'd be able to do it.

SrSteveOskowski Fri 22-Mar-19 23:15:21

@weekendsleep, Una is a strong lady. Your sister sounds like one too smile

FullOfJellyBeans Fri 22-Mar-19 23:17:05

Glad she has her family to support her and she's rid herself of the cheater and saved years of heartache.

SandyY2K Fri 22-Mar-19 23:50:48

I like her no nonsense approach.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »