Talk

Advanced search

Should I change my car....

(6 Posts)
Alfiesmom15 Fri 22-Mar-19 19:21:55

2 years ago I testified against some travellers in court for nearly killing someone, he will be completely brain damaged for life, in a home with half his skull missing, our joke of a justice system means they were out in 6 months... that's just a back story to show it's not me being stereotypical or racist or anything.... anyway today I'm driving along minding my own and their stupid horse and cart pulls out if front of my car I have to brake and swerve a bit and there horse spooks and swerved... I carry on, they turn there horse round and they're behind me hurling abuse at me taking pictures of my car. I was in no way dangerous, too close to the horse and I didn't beep considering I know the history....I've left my car at my moms and took the number plates off. They go past my house regularly but they dont know it's my house so dont want it outside my house.... now am I being paranoid that they knew it was me driving, that they'll do something to my house if they recognise number plate (they can smash the car up I dont care I'm more concerned of the house while me and my son are in it) do I contact police or should I just scrap it... I'll be a bit annoyed at the loss of money but the paranoid part of me is if they against the number plate and someone buys it and they do something to it while they're driving it I'll never live with myself or I keep it and they do something while my sons in the car.... and I am aware this is sounding paranoid and excessive (my partners thinks it's a bit excessive to just scrap it and to just leave it at my moms a few days and they'll forget) but they literally caved this poor man's head in because he looked at them funny...

justtypicalme Fri 22-Mar-19 19:49:57

Contact the police

LotsToThinkOf Fri 22-Mar-19 20:03:54

Call the police, they'll advise what to do next.

slipperywhensparticus Fri 22-Mar-19 20:05:53

Get a car cover? It's still cold at night?

Bamchic Fri 22-Mar-19 20:07:34

Call the police. A friend was in a vauguely similar case (but with an abusive ex who was stalking her) they worked with women’s aid got rid of her car (changed the plates and sold it) and facilitated a move into another rental property

Alfiesmom15 Fri 22-Mar-19 20:24:06

Were currently looking at moving, just enough out the area that I can keep my job but be far enough away I won't be panicking with every bang.... I didn't know you could arrange plates to be changed it's a good car bit old but immaculate so to scrap would be a waste but I would never live with myself if anything happened to anyone.... I'm going to pop into the station tomorrow and see what they say... I'm just a bit concerned they're going to think I'm a paranoid crackpot or something, but during the court case there was armed police with guns watching the family because all the witnesses were getting intimidated so they should take me a little bit seriously right?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »