Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not want partner going out night before mother's Day?

(111 Posts)
ohhcecelia Fri 22-Mar-19 18:15:39

DH had planned a night in with some mates Friday before mother's Day - which was fine, I planned to go off my mum's to spend the night so I was out of the way.

Now people can't make it so instead he's planning a work night out, the Saturday night before mother's Day? AIBU to be upset at this? No plans for the next day, I obviously won't get one of the two lie-ins I get a year (birthday and MD) and he'll spend the entire day hungover.

WakeUpFromYourDreamAndScream Fri 22-Mar-19 18:16:22

Why don't you get more than 2 lie ins a year? That's fucking ridiculous!

babysharkah Fri 22-Mar-19 18:17:19

The iris units but is that you get two lie ins a year.

AmIBU123 Fri 22-Mar-19 18:17:21

This wouldn't bother me tbh but I know it would really upset my friend. I guess it's how important mothers day is to you. How old is/are your DC?

Alsohuman Fri 22-Mar-19 18:17:29

Maybe you could have your mothers' day lie in on Saturday instead?

Cloudyyy Fri 22-Mar-19 18:18:14

Have a lie-in on the Saturday instead? Organise something lovely to do all together Sunday lunch/ afternoon? It doesn’t have to be a big deal.

HavelockVetinari Fri 22-Mar-19 18:20:34

Two lie-ins PER YEAR??! WTF? Why don't you have one each at the weekend?

Also - YANBU, he needs to cancel. It's once a year, the selfish fecker!

FullOfJellyBeans Fri 22-Mar-19 18:23:09

The night out wouldn't bother me but I wouldn't be happy if he was going to be hungover and useless all day. I'd be tempted to book myself into a spa and leave at 8am (kids can give you cards before then) so he can deal with the kids and household stuff all day.

ohhcecelia Fri 22-Mar-19 18:26:15

DD is 3. DH works as an a.manager in retail so never gets a full weekend off. He's working Saturday and I've planned to see my Mum.

Never have lie ins because he's a deep sleeper that can make up to an hour to get up (even with alarms constantly going off) and I'm a light sleeper, so by the time he gets up to DD shouts I'm wide awake anyway. Used to piss me off a lot more, sorta accepted it now.

Leeds2 Fri 22-Mar-19 18:30:17

It really wouldn't bother me, unless he came in being very obviously drunk, loud, waking people up etc. And that would annoy me whatever day of the year it was!
Have your lie in on Saturday. And plan with him how you will be getting more of these in the future.
Enjoy being with your DC on Sunday morning. Send them in to wake up daddy if they get too OTT. Get DH to plan a celebratory meal out, be it lunch, afternoon tea or dinner, if that is what you would like.

Tiptoetiptoetiptoe Fri 22-Mar-19 18:31:33

I’m sure he’d wake up more often if you casually roll him out of bed.
Not a chance I’d only have 2 lie-ins a year.

YANBU, and why hasn’t he planned anything for MD as your DD is so young? He sounds a bit of a pratt.

HollowTalk Fri 22-Mar-19 18:32:59

You know what, if he wanted to get up, he could. Those bloody deep sleepers, they wouldn't miss a football match or a holiday, would they? They rely on someone being there to cajole them.

He's being very, very unfair in all sorts of ways.

bomanaise Fri 22-Mar-19 18:37:51

I wouldn't care about this at all. But then I wouldn't care if my DH went on a lads piss up on Valentine's Day. I think your reasoning behind him not walking up to give you a lie on is bullshit. How convenient he can't wake up to mind his daughter but can get up for work.

IdblowJonSnow Fri 22-Mar-19 18:41:42

Yanbu. He sounds pretty selfish in general based on what you've said.

FurryGiraffe Fri 22-Mar-19 18:42:20

You know what, if he wanted to get up, he could. Those bloody deep sleepers, they wouldn't miss a football match or a holiday, would they? They rely on someone being there to cajole them.

This. DH used to be a ridiculously deep sleeper. Could've slept through an earthquake. Liked to wake up by setting the alarm an hour before he needed to be up so he could hit snooze fifty times come round slowly. But he learned to tune into the DC at night when it's his turn because he's not an arse and doesn't think it's reasonable for me to do all the nighttime stuff simply because I have ovaries.

ohhcecelia Fri 22-Mar-19 18:42:51

It is bullshit. I work from home and he won't get up before 10-11am if he's starting at 2 so I can get some work done. It's a late day then because he's then working until 11pm but he's always moaning about how I need to go get a 'proper job' to earn more money, but won't get up for me when I run a business from home. We pay 50/50 bills and rent and I do 95% of housework. Sorry for going off topic but he's unfair in a lot of ways and I guess I just expect more on mother's Day to show his gratitude for how much I do compared to him.

Purpleartichoke Fri 22-Mar-19 18:44:43

I’d be ok with him going out, but not drinking to excess or staying out latex He should not be hungover. He needs to still get up early and make you breakfast. He needs to not be so tired that he can’t step it up a bit and let you relax.

Frankly on a random Sunday, he shouldn’t be hungover and shirking parenting duties either.

converseandjeans Fri 22-Mar-19 18:49:46

It totally depends. If he will go out but still be fine the next day then that's OK but if it means he will stay in bed hungover then that's not really on. But not necessarily because it's mothers day. He needs to up his game a bit - for example if he stays in bed late in the week, perhaps Sunday could always be his day to get up with DD. He sounds like hard work if he's lolling about in bed til 11 in the week!

Frouby Fri 22-Mar-19 18:51:52

If you wfh then rent office space, about £30 a week where I live, then at 8am you get up and go to work. I wfh too, dh is out of the house at 6am generally so I get up, do the house shit, then drop ds and come home and work. When ds was small he went to childcare.

You need to take your wfh as seriously as a job, which means set hours etc. Around your dhs job if necessary but set hours. If your dh doesn't do his share of childcare then pay for it out of both incomes.

Wrt to 2 lie ins a year, thats fucking ridiculous. As above my dh leaves very early every day, sunday is my lie in no matter what. If he (very rarely) has a night out om Saturday I lie in Saturday. Sometimes he works Saturday, if so he lies in the first Sunday, me the second. That's because he's not a cunt and I am not default childcare.

Bythepath Fri 22-Mar-19 19:00:15

My DH is going out on the Saturday. And is out on Mothers day itself at an end of season sports event till lunchtime. I don't mind. We have my mum and family coming over for a late lunch and will celebrate mothers day then. I am sure my 3 DC will try hard to be good for me in the morning. Difference is I will have a bit of lie in tomorrow as am tired after a particularly hardweek and my DH, despite not getting in till 11pm (from work) tonight will get up a bit earlier. So having a lie in on Mothers day isn't a big deal.

DanglyBangly Fri 22-Mar-19 19:00:58

because he's a deep sleeper that can make up to an hour to get up

He gets up for work though. Or does he also spend an hour waking up on a work day?

CostanzaG Fri 22-Mar-19 19:01:50

First of all its completely unreasonable that you only get 2 lie ins a year. That needs to change!

I don't think it's a problem that he goes out providing you still get your lie in. My DH went out last year but came home at a reasonable time and still got up with DS.

GertrudeCB Fri 22-Mar-19 19:07:48

He sounds like a bellend.

0nTheEdge Fri 22-Mar-19 20:11:04

Does he bring many positive things to your life? Sounds like he's more than a bit selfish and you're doing most of the work. I'd be telling him to shape up or bugger off. Would you be able to spend the occasional night at your parents or something so you can have a lie in? Bet he'd wake up if he didn't have you fall back on/mug off.

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 08:17:12

Sorry for not responding earlier. We discussed it and basically said fine to go out, if he didn't make any effort the next day, he could spend the rest of it packing up his things and leaving.

On his actual night out last night I open the laptop to work and find he's left his Facebook open. He's been flirting with a girl from work for over a year - I found out last year he was giving her "scenic route" lifts home as well as regularly messaging her. It's well known at work that she fancies him so I asked him to stop messaging her except for about work. Obviously I snooped in his messages, only found a few the rest had been deleted. Ones about how she's "looking forward" to him "beating her up" with those blow heart fucking emoji faces and other flirting. I messaged him about it, he obviously tried to turn it round on me and how he needs to "justify his every move" to me and that was that. Woke up this morning and he didn't come home.

Would that be it for you now? I'm so angry with him and upset that he doesn't give a shit about throwing away eight years and our life with our daughter but I don't think I can trust him at all. Just looking for advice really - however harsh it needs to be. Think I need to get my big girl pants on and get a grip.

Figgygal Sun 31-Mar-19 08:20:00

He sounded like a selfish fuck face before your update op let alone an untrustworthy one

Leave his bags on the doorstep when he gets back today

JoyceDivision Sun 31-Mar-19 08:20:01

Leave.

Or, rather, tell him to leave.

What a grade A wanker.

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 08:23:44

Luckily it's my house. Well, my family members house that we rent and I'll inherit. I know he'll try and make it difficult for me though. I'll end up having to evict him before he goes anywhere, he's on a contract.

ContessaIsOnADietDammit Sun 31-Mar-19 08:24:20

shock what a fucking arsehole!

Yes that would most certainly be it for me. How bloody dare he?!

It sounds a bit strange in context, but Happy Mother's Day op; treat yourself by throwing him the fuck out for good.

EnglishRose13 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:25:53

Get rid. Then you'll be able to enjoy more than two measly lie-ins a year!

Seriously, this relationship sounded shit before your update. Would you want your daughter in a relationship like this? No? So don't put up with this bullshit yourself.

BlueSuffragette Sun 31-Mar-19 08:27:07

Done. He needs to move out so you can move on with your life without him. X

Weenurse Sun 31-Mar-19 08:30:43

Before he contacts you gather all the paperwork you need.
Bank statements, passports, pension plans etc.
If you have joint savings transfer half to an account he can not access.
Pack him a bag and leave on the doorstep.
It does not mean your Marr is over unless one of you says it is, but it does give you both space to think.

AppleKatie Sun 31-Mar-19 08:37:16

Give yourself a Mother’s day treat. Get online and seperate your money away from him as quickly as you can.

Pack him a bag, leave it outside. Bolt the door. If you don’t trust him to go quietly, ring a friend/brother/your parents to come and sit in the house with you.

Elizabeth2019 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:38:46

I’d be getting the locks changed too...

Sorry you’ve found the messages OP but he didn’t sound great before your update. General selfishness isn’t a deal breaker but messaging another woman, meeting up etc isn’t something I could put up with.

Hopefully you can enjoy some of Mother’s Day with your child, whilst packing a bag for him?...

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 08:39:26

We don't have joint finances. Thank you everyone flowers

starshollow1 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:39:50

He's a lazy waste of space OP and he's holding you back. Now it sounds like he's spent the night with a woman he's been flirting with for over a year. Has he been in touch at all?

Spend this morning gathering paperwork...bank statements, wage slips, passports, birth certificates etc. Put them in a safe place (perhaps your DM). Regardless of what happens next it gives you a little security and some feeling of control over things.

Ask your relative to give you both notice, then sign a new contract with just your name. The clock is then ticking for him to be out if you want him to be.

Daenerys77 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:41:23

I am so sorry. This is a terrible thing to find out. But at least you have confirmation of what you had already begun to suspect-he is not committed to the relationship with you. You now need to start thinking about practical issues. If you have a joint bank account, you might want to get your share of the money out of it as fast as possible. And find a solicitor.

Viobihi Sun 31-Mar-19 08:43:58

For me, that would be it. Relationship over. Your head will be all over the place just now though, it’s totally shit.

I’d message him and tell him not to bother coming home. Try to keep calm and give yourself a few days, a week even, to get your head together - then decide what you want to do with his stuff. I know you will want answers but completely ignore him for now (except the text)

And what about the girl? Surely she must know he has a family? Especially if they’re messaging on SM!

I really feel for you OP but please be strong and get this waste of space out of your life.

Happy Mother’s Day and good luck flowers

YouTheCat Sun 31-Mar-19 08:49:17

If you are renting from a family member, is his name on the lease?

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 08:49:37

Thank you everyone.

No, no messages. Not since about 10pm last night anyway.

Yes she knows. They work together, she regularly plays with my daughter if we go in to see him angry She knows all about us, she's actually in a relationship as well. For context he's early 30s and she's almost ten years younger.

mumtomaxwell Sun 31-Mar-19 08:49:49

I think he left Facebook open deliberately because he was too scared to admit what he’s been up to.

I wish you well OP in getting rid of him and moving on to a bigger and better life without him.

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 08:50:33

His name is on our tenancy agreement, yes.

Quartz2208 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:53:11

OP it has to be over now there is no coming back from this

But look at it this way you do pretty much everything with separate finances will you even notice

YouTheCat Sun 31-Mar-19 08:55:07

Get family member to begin eviction process then.

QueenofmyPrinces Sun 31-Mar-19 08:55:53

I’m sorry OP - what a shitty situation.

You deserve so much better. Don’t let him treat you like this and start making a better life for yourself and your daughter flowers

OKBobble Sun 31-Mar-19 08:56:17

Even if his name os on the tenancy yiu can still throw him out.

NoShoeShops Sun 31-Mar-19 08:56:32

Tell your family member who you rent from and see if they can get him out.

What a dick.

strawberrisc Sun 31-Mar-19 08:59:53

Another Mother’s Day when I thank God I’m single.

ButtMuncher Sun 31-Mar-19 09:02:29

Get rid. What a prize wanker. I'm sorry thanks

Pizzaaddict Sun 31-Mar-19 09:06:47

You know what op I think finding those messages is the best thing that could have happened as it’s now clear cut that he is a shit and you will be rid of him rather than dilly dallying and hoping he will change.

user1511042793 Sun 31-Mar-19 09:07:36

I’m sorry. You’ve answered your own question now I hope you have the strength to carry it through. flowers

PositiveVibez Sun 31-Mar-19 09:07:47

Sorry OP.

You will be well rid of this waste of space and upside is you will get your lie ins EOW if he steps up and takes responsibility for looking after his child.

Theoldwoman Sun 31-Mar-19 09:10:09

It wouldn't worry me.
I would plan stuff for the Sunday though (MD here is in May, yours must be early?)
Drag him along too - he can't really complain.
As for the lie-ins? Just take turns.

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Sun 31-Mar-19 09:11:27

@starshollow1 idea is brilliant about your relative giving u both notice

S1naidSucks Sun 31-Mar-19 09:12:41

Theoldwoman

Read the thread.

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Sun 31-Mar-19 09:13:31

@Theoldwoman haven't u seen op update?

IncrediblySadToo Sun 31-Mar-19 09:19:42

TheOldWoman. At least do the OP the courtesy of reading HER posts even if you don’t care to read what anyone else has to say.

IncrediblySadToo Sun 31-Mar-19 09:24:54

Change the locks this morning. I know he’s on the tenancy, but it’s a ball ache he probably won’t bother with enforcing his right to be in the property.

Take screen shots of whatever you can find on his Facebook.

Pack him a bag with a few bits firvtge week and tell him when it’s convenient for you for him to collect the rest.

If he wants to see DD arrange a place to meet and drop her off. Not at your house.

Do not take him back. He wasn’t worth it before last night. It doesn’t matter where he was last night. He’s a twat. Kick him out, keep him out.

Do that for DD even if you can’t quite do it for yourself. Do NOT kid yourself that staying together is better for her. It’s NOT.

Samind Sun 31-Mar-19 09:30:48

Sorry you're going through this OP! flowers

Dimsumlosesum Sun 31-Mar-19 09:40:29

Oh gosh OP, so sorry you're going through this flowers

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 09:43:15

He finally got in touch. Rang and asked why I rang him this morning - to find out where you are/if you're still alive? He went "yeah I'm alive. You seem to manage though, so see ya". Wtf does that even mean?! What an absolute tosspot.

SkaterGrrrrl Sun 31-Mar-19 09:47:25

So sorry OP but he sounds awful, honestly.

Start again with your DD. Good luck. X

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Sun 31-Mar-19 09:47:53

What an absolute dick.

He seems to think it's over anyway so that makes it easier for you to chuck him out.

Pack his bags and leave them on the doorstep. Or if you like a scene, take them to his work and make a show of him.

Sorry this is happening, but you'll be better off in the long run.

RandomMess Sun 31-Mar-19 09:52:01

Thank goodness you aren't going to waste anymore of you life with him!!!

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sun 31-Mar-19 09:54:20

Honestly what a man child. This is not the behaviour of a 30 something dad.

I agree with PP that FB seems to have been left open deliberately

GlitteryFluff Sun 31-Mar-19 09:54:26

What an absolute twat.
I hope you're ok. thanks

YouBumder Sun 31-Mar-19 09:56:58

I think the problem is less about Mother’s Day and more that he’s a selfish arse.

0nTheEdge Sun 31-Mar-19 09:58:03

Only you can decide that, but it would be the end if it were me. I know relationships can take a bit of work sometimes, but it doesn't sound like he treats you with respect or is even trying a tiny bit, even though it's obvious that something big is happening right now. I'm so sorry you're going through this OP.

moonfacebaby Sun 31-Mar-19 09:58:51

What an arrogant twat he is - I’d be livid and the total lack of respect he shows you is awful.

Pack his stuff and leave it outside, and bolt the door, or change the lock - you’re worth way more than him...

YouBumder Sun 31-Mar-19 09:59:27

Oh sorry just read the rest of the thread. What an arsehole. You’re well rid there xx

londonrach Sun 31-Mar-19 10:10:34

He spent the night with her i bet. You well rid. Get him off the tenancy and change to locks. Your new life being free of this loser starts today

londonrach Sun 31-Mar-19 10:11:34

You amazing op, just remember that x

Graphista Sun 31-Mar-19 10:17:28

So if he's incapable of waking early what happens on your 2 lie ins a year? Surely that shows he CAN get up early if he makes the effort!

Fucking outrageous behaviour from him!

He's getting lie ins most other days from the sound of things he can certainly make EVERY Sunday YOUR lie in given it sounds like he gets AT LEAST one lie in on a weekday.

"Would that be it for you now?" Yes. That's very similar to how my marriage eventually ended. He's taking the piss! Funnily enough mine was in run up to Mother's Day too. It's shit!

Very similar final straw moment and I just bagged his stuff and put it on the lawn (he hated that cos he's all about "appearances" and all the neighbours could see. Good!

You're well rid op he sounds an utter twat even regardless of the likely cheating.

Singlenotsingle Sun 31-Mar-19 10:19:39

Put his stuff in black bin bags and leave it by the gate. He's rubbish and you're binning him!

NoShoeShops Sun 31-Mar-19 10:19:40

Get his stuff and put it on the doorstep. Tell him you will manage, without him.

Twat.

maddening Sun 31-Mar-19 10:31:06

Pop a screen shot of their messages on his Facebook account and tag her in.

Viobihi Sun 31-Mar-19 10:45:35

Pop a screen shot of their messages on his Facebook account and tag her in

I would absolutely do this!

Nuyearnume Sun 31-Mar-19 10:45:47

So sorry you are in this situation but sounds like it’s better off you found out. Hope you and your daughter have a lovely mother’s day together maybe get them locks changed if you are going anywhere though! Tell him his clothes are outside

Originofstars Sun 31-Mar-19 10:50:06

* We pay 50/50 bills and rent and I do 95% of housework. Sorry for going off topic but he's unfair in a lot of ways and I guess I just expect more on mother's Day to show his gratitude for how much I do compared to him.*

I'd urge you not to make this random day in March each year the one where you get a lie in, or he'll start to feel like a hero if he manages it. Stop wanting gratitude and get him to do his share instead

S1naidSucks Sun 31-Mar-19 10:52:16

Originofstars

Read the thread.

Dropitlikeitshot Sun 31-Mar-19 10:53:18

I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this, but I’m glad you can now break free from that cunt.
You can more than do this on your own, you already are.

I’m in agreement with PPs who’ve said to get your relative to serve notice, re-sign up with them under just your name, and kick him the fuck out.

Good luck OP and Happy Mother’s Day xx

Dropitlikeitshot Sun 31-Mar-19 10:55:57

Come on people, RTFT!

Unescorted Sun 31-Mar-19 11:03:09

Get your relative to issue a section 21 eviction notice if they can see gov.uk website here.

Alternatively deliberately break the terms of your tenancy and get them to issue a section 8 notice.

The tenancy can be reissue to you alone.

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 12:24:07

Thank you so much everyone, all the advice is really appreciated. I've gone out with my Mum again so I'm enjoying my mother's Day. He seems to be fine it's over so I'll just crack on from here!

ohhcecelia Sun 31-Mar-19 18:29:42

Not heard a peep all day. Asked whether he could come home or not, I said I'd leave a bag of stuff by the door. No, he's coming back and he wants his eviction notice serving. Or he'll ring the police and tell them there's drugs in the house - he smokes weed so there's two bags (that I know of). I fucking hate him. He would rather create two weeks of a fucking awful atmosphere and upset DD than just piss off to wherever he was fine spending all night and all day today.

Graphista Sun 31-Mar-19 19:45:26

Do you have brothers? Large male friends who take no nonsense? Because if so I'd be arranging for them to be there when he gets back to ensure he gets his stuff including his weed (why are arseholes all weed users?) and gets the fuck out!

Tbh (and I'll be honest I don't agree with this I'm vehemently anti drug) the police and even social services won't even be interested if it's just weed and under whatever amount is deemed enough to prove intent to distribute, so I'd be tempted to call his bluff, flush the weed you can find (do you know where he keeps it?) and tell him to get to fuck!

AppleKatie Sun 31-Mar-19 20:02:33

Tell him to jog on and phone the police about his own weed. hmm

Don’t be threatened. He won’t do it. And if he does you tell them it’s his and he’s an abusive cunt you are trying to kick out.

-<disclaimer I might make sure it was well hidden amongst his stuff and my fingerprints were nowhere near it, or else just flush it away first>

RevealTheLegend Sun 31-Mar-19 20:14:01

Tell him you’ll Call the Police yourself.

They’ll soon see whose weed it is with a hair Strand Test.

What a loser 🤣

IggyAce Sun 31-Mar-19 20:14:41

OP stay strong, flush the weed that you find. Is there a chance he may turn violent?

ENormaSnob Sun 31-Mar-19 20:34:36

Well rid.

Let him ring the police.

Prick.

Tilikum Sun 31-Mar-19 20:37:16

Oh my God! What a complete shithead. Can't believe he would report you to the police and insist on staying in the house until officially evicted, rather than doing the decent thing and skulking off like the fucking weasel he is.

You are well rid of him.

CheshireChat Sun 31-Mar-19 20:47:48

Probably better to text him so you have some proof.

0nTheEdge Sun 31-Mar-19 20:55:11

He really is the full package isn't he? At least he's making it easier for you to make a decision. What a nasty piece of work. Hope you enjoyed your day with the lovely people in your life.

lablablab Sun 31-Mar-19 21:00:33

Wow. He's a nasty piece of work. And all on mothers day too...

I think you should either do one of two things:

Find the weed and dispose of it. Change the locks. Leave his stuff on the doorstep. Start the eviction process.

Or

Call the police and say you're ex has just told you he's planted weed in the house and used it to threaten you and need advice about what to do. Change the locks. Leave his stuff on the doorstep. Start the eviction process.

But please do not let this shithead back through the door. You'll never get rid of him. Take this chance, you deserve so much better.

Viobihi Sun 31-Mar-19 21:18:39

Did this conversation about the weed take place via text? If so, call the police yourself and show them the texts.

I’d also screenshot the messages and ‘out’ him on Facebook. Let everyone see how much of a fucking prick he is. Men like this make my fucking blood boil, don’t take any shit from him OP x

BringMeAGinandTonic Mon 01-Apr-19 03:57:58

Definitely dispose of that weed. But honestly, what a fucking prick to say he'd call the cops. On his own family for his own drugs. Who does this guy think he is? Scarface?

And "the scenic route" sort of sounds like a euphemism, tbh. Not sure if anyone mentioned that. Read OP's posts, not so much the others.

Hugs to you.

Ihatehashtags Mon 01-Apr-19 06:35:18

Yes. Who cares about Mother’s Day. If he’s hung over just leave him with the kids and go and do whatever you want. That’ll be punishment enough for him

PregnantSea Mon 01-Apr-19 06:40:33

I think in isolation it's very precious and over the top to not want your DH to socialise the night before Mother's Day, but it sounds like there's a lot more going on here. I wouldn't even be focusing on Mother's Day, you need to sit down with him and insist that he pulls his weight throughout the year. It's not fair for you to be doing everything.

Chickencellar Mon 01-Apr-19 06:43:42

hmm might want to read the thread before weighing in with now useless advice.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 01-Apr-19 06:44:43

How did you get on last night OP? Did he come back? Have you spoken to your landlord yet?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »