Talk

Advanced search

To not pick him up from the airport tomorrow?

(216 Posts)
theemmadilemma Fri 22-Mar-19 17:13:25

Can't be arsed to NC.

Relevant details:

He is in short haul EU country (1.5hr max) visiting family including a GP who had a stroke around 3 months ago - recovering well.

I am at home working and looking after dog and cat.

He left Thurs am (up at 6.30am) after a late night and disturbed sleep for both of us for reasons out of our control.

He has since been having lovely lunches in lovely sun...

I am at home holding the fort at usual. I WFH so I'm ok with picking up most home duties.

I don't have a problem on a daily basis with the split of chores.

However, dog is being unusually annoying and over active, I'm trying to work, and do all the usual shit including cleaning the house. I had a crap night sleep last night due to my wonderful but currently arsehole dog.

I won't have any down time tonight really.

And tomorrow I need to clean the the house some more.

AIBU to say that whileI have nothing else meaning I can't. I'm happy to play chef, laundry, cleaner, etc., I'd rather not add being chauffeur at 7pm tomorrow night to do a 1.5 hr journey to save his a £30 Uber he can afford? When I could be supping a wee glass of vino and trying to chill out?

AIBU?

BlueSky123456 Sat 23-Mar-19 17:27:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TooLittleTooLate80 Sat 23-Mar-19 17:34:50

YABU. Really YABU.

picklemepopcorn Sat 23-Mar-19 17:40:28

DS likes me to run him various places, because it takes him twice as long on public transport. However, it takes me twice as long as it takes him. Not reasonable!

YeOldeTrout Sat 23-Mar-19 17:56:36

Pfft, just admit you're lazy, OP. That's a lot easier. Your DP can decide to love you or dump you, accepting the way you are. Don't come here for validation. This is between you two.

theemmadilemma Sat 23-Mar-19 19:31:57

House is clean. Dog is finally chilling. I'm chilled, looking as good as I can, dinner will be served when he arrives.

Obviously I didn't go!

theemmadilemma Sat 23-Mar-19 19:35:14

Actually dinner will be ready to when he's had a chance to chill and is ready.

Because sticking it straight in his face going 'look what I did' isn't really a nice gesture...

Exhausted18 Sat 23-Mar-19 19:56:20

I think you're getting an awful hard time on here OP. For what's its worth, cleaning up after my overactive dog and housework-shy DP wears me out a lot. My 6 mth old is actually the least stress inducing of the lot!! Enjoy your glass of wine wine. And I'm sorry to see the "don't have kids" comments, that is really insensitive folks confused

SimonJT Sat 23-Mar-19 22:23:22

@HarrysOwl he was worth every second

dreamalittlebiggerdarling Sat 23-Mar-19 23:22:17

OP, you need to remember that unless you have children you aren’t allowed to be tired. wink

theemmadilemma Sun 24-Mar-19 12:04:36

@Exhausted18 Insensitive is one word. Yes. Crass, rude, hurtful are others. It's something I've accepted, and within that it probably does make a person slightly selfish.

I didn't come here for validation about my life. AIBU would be fucking stupid choice for that.

I just wondered what others would do.

I found out!

Don't worry all is well here! The conversation went:

I'm knackered, it's been a shit couple of days, can you jump in an Uber and I'll have something nice for tea?
Yeah no worries, it'll be easier. Do you want me to order a takeaway to save you cooking?
No, don't worry, I've got us something nice!

He was fed, happy and snoring by 11pm.

BusterGonad Sun 24-Mar-19 14:08:11

A lovely ending Op. I wouldn't have fancied the airport pick up either.

QueenEhlana Sun 24-Mar-19 14:29:22

Op, I think I luffs you. Glad you he got the uber and you got to rest with a vino.

Who gives a flying fuck if others have to deal with more shit than you do. This is your life, this is your shit, and this is your DP.

Hope you're having a nice day together today.

HarrysOwl Sun 24-Mar-19 16:17:33

*I just wondered what others would do.

I found out!*

Well....you found out what some others said they would do.... grin

Glad you had a lovely evening, great ending!

Japonicaflower2 Sun 24-Mar-19 16:28:32

For what it's worth op I'm on your side 🙂
Hate driving, loath airport car parks, would cheerfully pay the fare rather than go!

pineapplebryanbrown Mon 25-Mar-19 21:45:20

Your solution bored the shit out of me OP. This is what you should have done:

Drive to the airport, wave at him, lock the car doors and speed off. Wait round the corner until he gets in an uber then ram it at really high speed screaming surprise at the same time.

shiveringtimber Mon 25-Mar-19 22:27:09

grin@ thigh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »