Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wonder why the 3rd degree re small car ins change?!

(6 Posts)
penguingorl Fri 22-Mar-19 16:40:38

I am currently on live chat with my insurer, trying to add business use and getting increasingly frustrated. I have answered that I will have a client in my car in order to help her access community. One of the questions pertaining to this was whether I will have an increase in salary, but they keep giving me nonsensical answers when I ask why?!

TeaStory Fri 22-Mar-19 16:44:21

It’s because adding business use to a standard policy usually excludes carrying passengers or goods for hire or reward.

penguingorl Fri 22-Mar-19 16:50:29

Oh, I really wish he could have just told me that instead of repeating it's to do with the level of cover! It's in the context of being a carer though, and it's never been an issue with previous insurers/policies. Eeek.
I've only been on the live chat for an hour, oh well at least it's not a phone conversation so I can get on with other things. Like the important business of lurking on mumsnet!

HeddaGarbled Fri 22-Mar-19 16:54:52

They just have a script to go through. Don’t bother questioning the questions - you’re just prolonging the transaction.

Crockof Fri 22-Mar-19 16:58:47

No do question things especially related to insurance. If you haven't told them absolutely everything your cover is null and void.

penguingorl Fri 22-Mar-19 16:59:33

Underwriter has ok'd it. Over £60 quid though. angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: