Talk

Advanced search

To think they shouldn’t do this?

(5 Posts)
jamiecooks Fri 22-Mar-19 16:04:32

Someone I know from school, so not a “friend” is a solicitor involved in very high profile historic criminal cases. They regularly comment about them on Facebook, sharing elements from the trials. Now I know a lot of the information is potentially public but I think they are professionally out of line because a) they should not be commenting on social media and b) this behaviour strikes me as rather “glory hunting”

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Fri 22-Mar-19 16:06:56

If it is in the public domain, if it was discussed in open court, then there isnt a legal issue.

weekendsleep Fri 22-Mar-19 16:17:28

Sounds like bragging, it's not very professional anyway even if it is public domain imo.

jamiecooks Fri 22-Mar-19 16:29:16

That’s what I thought. I get that if it’s in the public domain it’s fine (I’m a lawyer myself), but it’s the stealth bragging and do they have the client’s consent to be making the comments they’re making?

Prequelle Fri 22-Mar-19 16:32:34

This seems woefully unprofessional.

A patient of mine was recently in the press and I wasn't allowed to comment on anything despite the details being made clear, or even share an article.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »