Talk

Advanced search

Dog poop

(82 Posts)
Peanut1983 Fri 22-Mar-19 14:21:25

After another local Facebook thread about piles of dog poo in our area it got me thinking about why dog owners won't pick up?

Aibu to ask exactly why people don't pick up after their dogs? Is it laziness? Forgotten dog poo bags? Lack of bins? Or just don't you agree with it? Do you view it the same as cat or fox poo for example.

Is anyone brave enough to admit on here that they don't always pick up and explain why?

Kirsteninakilt Sat 23-Mar-19 15:16:42

Am a dog owner and always pick up. Someone round here must have a massive dog or small horse and they never ever seem to pick up so I have taken to picking up that as well and if I find out who it is then I shall report them to the Council. I don't want poo on my shoes or my dog's paw and I always pick up including on grass verges, in woodland - everywhere. I even have a small torch on me to locate poo when in the dark! My poo bag is ready primed the minute my dog lowers himself by even a centimetre smile

DizziLizzy Sun 24-Mar-19 08:40:14

*@Alsohuman
But when I walk him up the lane or across a field no way am I picking it up. Our local Facebook group was

why not? confused

StrongTea Sun 24-Mar-19 08:46:05

Most dog owners pick up around here. Problem is with dog walkers who open their van doors, let the dogs charge out in all directions, pooing everywhere while they just walk on regardless. This is on local footpaths. Met an irate eldely man the other day who told me one girl had 14 dogs in her van. Even if exaggerated certainly far too many for one person to control.

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Sun 24-Mar-19 09:00:14

I recently spent ages looking for one in the long grass....it had fallen and was very hard to see!
Mostly he'll poop at home, I have two out there just now...I jimjammed early last night and was not going out in the dark to collect and am malingering about the post breakfast one too!

I once had to run back to the car as I had forgotten to top up the poobag bag ....and I can assure you that a crisp packet is barely adequate for GSDbusies, I had to stash it next to the fence and collected it properly next day.

When we had the two big boys I made them carry their own doings grin...spare carabiner on their harness, and put the filled bags into a spare poobag. Otherwise, I double bag and use this pegbag as a dogbag. You can get loads in there, and it clips nicely onto belt loops or pockets.
I have tissues, handsqoosh, poobags, tub of treats, old sunnies and clip the car keys in there too so no danger of losing them either.

BeanBag7 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:07:18

I find dog mess on pavements deplorable. However, almost as annoying is the constant posting on our towns "news" Facebook page, which is something like

A - here is a picture of some shit I saw / nearly trod in
B - disgusting
C - yuck
D - there was lots in Smith Avenue too 🤔
E - my daughter trod in some on Jones Road
F - this should be illegal

Etc. Etc. Ad nauseum

It's not news, it's not helping anyone. The sort of person who leaves dog mess won't care if it's shared on Facebook. A waste of time!

SomewhereInbetween1 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:16:57

Literally every coat, jacket, and bag I own has poo bags stuffed in the pockets. I hate the thought of being out and not being able to pick up after my dogs. There's really no excuse not to leave your house prepared with bags.

mydogisthebest Mon 25-Mar-19 08:15:20

Somewhereinbetween1, I have jacket pockets, bags and trouser pockets full of poo bags. They often get washed because I put clothes in the washing machine forgetting they were in the pockets!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »