Advanced search

To ask you to consider signing this

(30 Posts)
weareallfuckednow Fri 22-Mar-19 09:53:43

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

weareallfuckednow Fri 22-Mar-19 10:44:57

It's a petition to revoke article 50!

GottenGottenGotten Fri 22-Mar-19 10:50:54

This has been posted up several times in the last couple of days.

So sorry, I think YABU, and this thread will probably get pulled or moved (but I signed on Wednesday)

heidivodca Fri 22-Mar-19 11:51:42

OMG it’s nearly 3 million! I have already signed and so has DH - but he hasn’t had the confirmation email.

gamerchick Fri 22-Mar-19 12:32:58

At least put what it is in the title. There's a load of these links all over the place.

Yesicancancan Fri 22-Mar-19 12:46:36

Yabu. “The people” have voted, that will not be overturned.

Tolleshunt Fri 22-Mar-19 12:48:17

YANBU. The 'people' didn't know what the duck they were voting for. Now that we do have more of an idea there needs to be a people's vote on the deal. Revoke gives us time for this.

mummymeister Fri 22-Mar-19 12:49:11

the bots are having a field day with this petition. how can you count signatures from people who don't live, work or pay tax in the UK? its ridiculous really.

Mamimawr Fri 22-Mar-19 12:49:19

Check your spam inbox for the confirmation email heidivodca

ApolloandDaphne Fri 22-Mar-19 12:50:11

There is a long thread about this here.

Yesicancancan Fri 22-Mar-19 12:52:30

Tolls.... and ?? Everyone who votes should know what they are voting for, believing only a headline is not an excuse for not knowing what the fuck people were voting for.

badlydrawnperson Fri 22-Mar-19 13:05:00

YAB slightly U as there are so many other threads on this. But fill your boots - it isn't likely to make any difference.

Yesicancancan Fri 22-Mar-19 13:06:52

3 million signatures. Population of the UK in 2019
is reportedly 66 million.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 22-Mar-19 13:21:27

@heidivodca - I didn't get my confirmation until the next day.
And it was in my junk mail.

Twotabbycats Fri 22-Mar-19 13:26:02

how can you count signatures from people who don't live, work or pay tax in the UK? its ridiculous really.

Brits who left the U.K. in the last 15 years were allowed to vote in the referendum. Why shouldn't they (and indeed other British citizens abroad) be allowed to sign a petition?

GottenGottenGotten Fri 22-Mar-19 13:54:34

@YesICanCanCan

It is the largest number of signatories to a petition on that site, and is far approaching ten times the number of signatories to a petition looking for a no deal brexit.

Its not insignificant, no matter what Leadsome says.

Damntheman Fri 22-Mar-19 14:00:02

Brits living and working outside the UK have the right to vote for fifteen years after leaving. Frankly they should have the right until they stop being British. Many people don't seem to realise/recognise/admit that these issues affect Brits abroad in many varied and potentially terrible ways. Of course we should have a voice!

mummymeister Fri 22-Mar-19 14:00:05

twotabbycats - you cant in all reasonableness say that someone who doesn't live, work or pay tax in the UK should have any say over how its governed.

sorry Gotten - an online petition is not as serious as a vote in a polling booth with electoral registers to check who they are etc. again. if you cant see that, then there is no point me trying to explain why.

keep on shovelling that fuel onto the Right wing agenda, why don't you.

Yesicancancan Fri 22-Mar-19 14:16:06

So what ? @ gottengottengotten.
A significant 63 million have not signed.

GottenGottenGotten Fri 22-Mar-19 14:35:40

Well, considering the government think that anything over 100,000 is worth debating, and the population and the electorate are not the same, I don't think I'm going to worry too much about your opinion.

Yesicancancan Fri 22-Mar-19 14:39:22

Which is exactly the sentiment of this petition.

BrokenWing Fri 22-Mar-19 14:40:29

I signed yesterday but haven't had confirmation email either.

3m is nothing considering 17m voted to leave the EU. They know millions of people aren't happy with the result.

Gomyownway Fri 22-Mar-19 14:48:45

Clearly many people don’t understand the difference between the population and the electorate.

I signed. Very slim chance it will do anything, but I have a right to try and do something. And it’s worth a shot. If they can get this to 17.5 million, I think it gives us a good chance of actually getting a second referendum. It at least sets a mandate for it.

b0bb1n Fri 22-Mar-19 14:49:15

Ha! Everyone who signs that is anti-democracy. I will not be signing it as I voted to leave and so did enough of the UK that we won. The fact people are ok with trying to overturn the choice of the people is sickening.

BrokenWing Fri 22-Mar-19 14:52:26

and so did enough of the UK that we won

it wasn't a competition and you "won" nothing. hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: