Talk

Advanced search

To ask what's on the menu?

(8 Posts)
Pinkbutton85 Fri 22-Mar-19 09:19:55

I'm stuck in a rut and don't what to eat anymore. We are a family of 4 with two under 6.

I detest cooking. I'm not inventive or imaginative in the slightest. So easyish meals with basic 'normal' ingredients. Potato, rice, pasta, spaghetti etc.. not things like quinoa or chickpeas...

Thanks!

whifflesqueak Fri 22-Mar-19 09:22:58

Hmm what sort have things have you been cooking while in your rut?

formerbabe Fri 22-Mar-19 09:26:53

I love a traybake...I do the following..

Chicken thighs, onions, peppers, diced potatoes, oil, lemon juice, dried herbs...roast

Sausages, sweet potatoes cut into chunks, cherry tomatoes (don't peel), oil, balsamic vinegar (tiny amount)...roast

Pork chops, sliced potatoes, chunks of Apple, dried sage, squeeze of lemon, oil...roast

Serve all with green veg/salad/bread

Very easy

GottenGottenGotten Fri 22-Mar-19 09:30:14

YABU to ask what's on the menu but then specify ingredients you don't want included grin

It means I can't tell you the main bit of my lunch plan...

So pitta bread, salad, chilli sauce, yogurt.

and falafel

BlueMerchant Fri 22-Mar-19 09:35:36

A big macaroni cheese
Make your own pizzas
Cottage pie

I'm in a rut too but the above are some of my go to meals.

notso Fri 22-Mar-19 09:39:42

We have a lot of meatballs in various forms. Pork and beef, lamb and mint, spicy lamb, turkey ones.
With pasta, in gravy, in Ikea style sauce, in pittas, with cous cous, in sandwiches, in flat breads.

Risotto, made with left over beef stew, ham with peas and butter beans or chicken and vegetables.

Casserole, sausage with peppers and beans, coq au vin, goulash, pork with cider, chicken in rosé, beef in ale.

Mexican, chicken with rice and peppers, chilli con carne, burrito, enchiladas, tacos, shredded slow cooked chicken/pork/beef in wraps with lime and coriander rice.

My younger kids favourite dinners are,
fried rice with peas, sweetcorn, peppers and a tin of tuna thrown in with soy sauce,
Big pigs in blankets with mash, veg and gravy,
Slow cooked lemon chicken with cous cous and roast vegetables,
Greek bake, lamb in a cinnamon and tomato sauce with potatoes, olives, aubergine, peppers and loads of feta.
Pizza and fish fingers!!

FineFanks Fri 22-Mar-19 09:40:08

quinoa or chickpeas are "basic, normal ingredients" and can be found in any supermarket.

sidesplittinglol Fri 22-Mar-19 17:14:29

I've made fried rice grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »