Talk

Advanced search

To be miffed at the cat (and everything else)

(9 Posts)
drspouse Fri 22-Mar-19 08:29:02

DS was ill yesterday, he had some seizures. He's diagnosed with epilepsy and we think this is a medication clash as he normally is seizure free.
So we spent the day on the children's ward (me DH and DS) and then DH spent the night there bless him. Fingers crossed all is fine now.
The cat that I angled for now prefers DH to me. He doesn't allow her to sleep on the bed. I left the door open for her to come in but she just wandered around complaining.
And I have a massive deadline at work (I did have my laptop and I did a bit of work at the hospital, didn't think I'd be able to concentrate if we weren't both there).

SheChoseDown Fri 22-Mar-19 14:33:31

I'm sorry to hear about your son, that must be very worrying for you both x

The cat thing seems a bit weird. Cats are weird though. Our cat hated me. Loved my partner.
Two very different topics... I really wouldn't worry about the cat

Hahaha88 Fri 22-Mar-19 14:35:33

I'd have booted the cat out for a wander!

I hope ds is ok x

nonevernotever Fri 22-Mar-19 14:46:19

I've just spent four days away from home for work - normally I'm never away for longer than a night. Our cat has apparently spent every evening sitting on the stairs howling for me, despite DH feeding her stroking her etc. Would she actually condescend to speak to me when I got home? Would she fuck!

nonevernotever Fri 22-Mar-19 14:46:35

PS YAsoNBU

drspouse Fri 22-Mar-19 16:11:18

Ha ha they are all home now and DS is feeling a bit better but DCat is now ignoring everyone!
I think she just likes to be in charge and keep tabs on everyone.

drspouse Sat 23-Mar-19 21:05:43

Well cat is now in the doghouse as this morning she brought in a dead blue tit.
So NOT DH favourite either.
DS was well today though he also has some SEN and he had a good afternoon but was then running off when we were supposed to be going to the chip shop. So I went without him and apparently I got the wrong thing so he had a rant at tea time.
We promised we'd take him swimming today but got held up so the pool was closed.
Meanwhile he has also decided he wants to go to the circus which is in town. We've given him a choice of the two but being awkward he is refusing to pick.
AIBU to have a lot of chocolate now the DCs are in bed?

nonevernotever Sat 23-Mar-19 21:21:29

Nope. I'd join you, but the bastard cat is now lying on me and won't move.

drspouse Sat 23-Mar-19 21:24:48

I'm shoving her off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: