Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Has this happened to anyone else?

(70 Posts)
LargeHadronColander Fri 22-Mar-19 08:16:10

This morning pouring out my cereal, thought there was a stick in it. Poked the stick. Wasn’t a stick. It was this.
I’m going have to burn things aren’t I?
But how did it get in there?
How is it alive?
So many questions...🤢

tellmewhenthespaceshiplandscoz Fri 22-Mar-19 10:18:26

Jesus Norris that's horrific earwigs are truly horrible.

TheQueef Fri 22-Mar-19 10:19:46

I'm never eating ANY cereal again I despise moths.
Sinister fuckers.

LuluJakey1 Fri 22-Mar-19 10:22:58

I don't think it is a pantry moth. It's just a moth. Not sure what the fuss is about. Either was in the cupboard or fell into the bowl. Just a moth. No one ate the poor thing. It was probably more shocked than you were.

MorningsEleven Fri 22-Mar-19 10:33:47

It was only half that size when it flew in there. I doubt it'll fly after its cereal binge.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-Mar-19 10:39:37

DSis found an insect in some (poncey) tea. She sent it to the manufacturer in a little matchbox to be sent a cheery letter :

"Oh its not an insect its the outer casing. Please accept these vouchers^ etc.

So the skin of the insect , which means it might still be in the tea, naked shock
I think she passed on the free tea vouchers .

Tinty Fri 22-Mar-19 10:44:24

Are you vegetarian? If not then don't worry, it's just an extra bit of protein. grin

Maybe have toast tomorrow. smile

ohmydaysagain Fri 22-Mar-19 10:46:35

It's a moth it won't have hatched in there or pooed as they don't poop I don't think, well I know butterflies don't so I assume they don't either x

cocodash Fri 22-Mar-19 10:51:56

Once i walked from car into work carrying a can of open juice. Sat down at my desk and took a nice big drink of a can of juice and then felt something wriggling in my mouth, spat juice EVERYWHERE and out came one of those flying beetle things. BLEUUGHHHH

still gives me heebiejeebies

Raffles1981 Fri 22-Mar-19 10:54:58

norrismcwhirtersfridgemagnet

An earwig crawled out of my recorder and into my mouth when I was 10. I didn't play the recorder again. envy

I nearly woke my napping toddler when I read this. Ugh!!

BigFatGiant Fri 22-Mar-19 10:56:37

Did it just fly into the box and fall out when you pored the cereal? I doubt it would have survived in the sealed up packaging.

AdvancedAvoider Fri 22-Mar-19 10:56:39

Have I missed an update on the brand of cereal. Asking for a friend me so they can avoid buying it. Moths give me the hebejeebies, they look so evil.

Mintychoc1 Fri 22-Mar-19 10:59:57

Blimey what a lot of drama about a month! It was probably sitting on the outside of the packet, and dropped in when you put the cereal in a bowl. Just put it outside.

TheNoodlesIncident Fri 22-Mar-19 11:00:49

cocodash That reminds me of the poster who left a can of cola or something like that in her living room overnight, and when she had a gulp of the drink in the morning, there was a slug in the can and it went in her mouth

<runs screaming>

AdvancedAvoider Fri 22-Mar-19 11:03:13

Noodle I now feel extremely sick. Slugs are even worse than moths 🤮

RustyBear Fri 22-Mar-19 11:14:38

When my sister & her DH were living in Indonesia, they used to have breakfast on the terrace. One morning my BIL poured himself some cereal from the packet, and a lizard fell into his bowl. Assuming it was a free toy, he just had time to think 'That's really lifelike' when it turned and looked at him. His reaction shot the cereal all over the table, but the lizard just nonchalantly climbed out of the bowl and disappeared into the shrubbery.

deydododatdodontdeydo Fri 22-Mar-19 11:16:33

I would definitely pose with a discustard compo face and the moth and cereal and send it into your local newspaper.

NannyRed Fri 22-Mar-19 11:26:05

Reminds me of the night I woke up to have a sip of water from the glass I had taken to bed with me. I felt something in my mouth, spat it out to find a moth, still alive and fluttering. Ugh! 🤢

Loyaultemelie Fri 22-Mar-19 11:28:04

Argh why did I open this thread? Moths scare the bejeezus out of me and a slug mouth is just envyenvyenvy <-boke

Tinkobell Fri 22-Mar-19 11:32:19

Years ago stayed at a house on the hills in Worcestershire. Tipped out cereal and a bloody mouse came out with it into the bowl! Thankfully didn't tip on milk and start eating 😁

longtompot Fri 22-Mar-19 11:32:23

My dh is The Finder of Things That Should Not Be In Foods here. He has had a matchstick covered in muesli, half of something in his wheetabix, possibly a fly? and he will always have the bit of tooth or bone in the mince in his portion.

cocodash Fri 22-Mar-19 11:35:24

@ThenoodlesIncident eughhhhhhhhhhhh OMG. noooo

if a slug went in my mouth i would 100% drink bleach

(on another note: why tf would you drink a can from the night before??)

billybagpuss Fri 22-Mar-19 11:45:38

Yes I think this is your chaps cousin in a bag of rocket. I boycotted Tesco for a long while after that.

FriarTuck Fri 22-Mar-19 11:46:58

An earwig crawled out of my recorder and into my mouth when I was 10. I didn't play the recorder again
I'm betting your mother put it there for a bit of peace and quiet grin

boringlyboring Fri 22-Mar-19 11:50:09

norrismcwhirtersfridgemagnet Sorry but I am crying laughing at that 😂😂😂😂😂

M3lon Fri 22-Mar-19 12:15:49

hmm I think it didn't come out of the cereal...maybe out of the box but not the cereal.

I don't think it could survive packaged in an inert gas....

The salad is slightly more plausible and the recorder doubly so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »