Talk

Advanced search

If your ex said this to your dc, how would you take it?

(7 Posts)
andinaaaandout Thu 21-Mar-19 21:04:43

"Aw, so that's where my money is going"

When DS 14 told him I was getting him new trainers and some clothes for a school trip?

HennyPennyHorror Thu 21-Mar-19 21:06:56

I wouldn't take it any way. It's just a crass thing to say. Don't let it affect you.

Cherrysoup Thu 21-Mar-19 21:10:46

I’d be telling the dc that yes, just as it ought to be, the money is going on him to get new clothes, quite right.

RedHelenB Thu 21-Mar-19 21:11:05

Is it a bad thing?

Bobbycat121 Thu 21-Mar-19 21:11:56

wouldnt get worked up about it

strawberrylollipop Thu 21-Mar-19 21:16:15

Well it's not your ex's money - it's your sons money - which you've chosen to spend on items for him.

It doesn't matter where the money goes - because once it is in your bank it's your monthly money to care for your son ....

I'd ignore him as he said it to your child.
However, if ex said it to me I'd tell him it was going on getting my hair done and new clothes for me - but that's just because he's an idiot who doesn't pay so the CMS are involved anyway so ....

andinaaaandout Thu 21-Mar-19 21:31:11

Yes, best to ignore I suppose. Just a title pissed off as I told DS only a few nights okay not to expect dad to buy him much for the trip as he has an older child's trip
to pay for and a new baby. Now he seems to be making out to DS that he's subsidising something I'm buying unnecessarily, or funding DS all by himself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »