Talk

Advanced search

To want a refund from my hairdresser?

(16 Posts)
droningtraffic Thu 21-Mar-19 17:01:05

I got my hair done yesterday. It's horrendous.

I asked for a few highlights and I look like a middle aged barbie.

They're offering to fix it but I don't really want them to touch it again. I've asked for someone else in the same salon but no, it apparently has to be the same person.

VictoriaBun Thu 21-Mar-19 17:03:35

Show us a pic, obvs with your face obscured and you will get many comments and suggestions.

HarrysOwl Thu 21-Mar-19 17:05:10

I think if they are offering to fix it, you need to give them that opportunity first.

Sympathy though, how disappointing!

AWishForWingsThatWork Thu 21-Mar-19 17:05:41

Push for the refund. I wouldn't want the person who mucked up my hair to be the one to try to fix it either. Uncomfortable and unreasonable request.

JaneEyre07 Thu 21-Mar-19 17:06:24

I do think you need to let them sort it, but it's perfectly acceptable to ask for another member of staff to correct it and at the salon's expense, not yours.

Sadly I know this from experience. And don't let it drop until you are happy with it.

droningtraffic Thu 21-Mar-19 18:19:56

They're insisting that the person who did it, fix it.

Tempted not to bother and pay someone else.

I had fantastic hair. It's now shit

Buster72 Thu 21-Mar-19 18:21:42

It's not Sarah again is it

droningtraffic Thu 21-Mar-19 18:24:07

No, that's not her name

FuckertyBoo Thu 21-Mar-19 18:25:10

Ah sorry op.

I had a truly dreadful cut in January. Someone else at the salon tried to fix it, but there wasn’t a lot she could do.

I’m now stuck with a dreadful, too short, weirdly layered do, with nasty looking short bits all round the front. It will take months, perhaps over a year to get it back to anything like what it was.

I never even considered asking for a refund, but maybe I should have...

FuckertyBoo Thu 21-Mar-19 18:26:18

And yes, I’ve found a new hairdresser at a different salon.

What’s annoying is she just wasn’t listening at all to what I wanted and went off on one hmm.

Tomtontom Thu 21-Mar-19 18:26:38

She's probably self employed, hence why it has to be her that sorts it. It's common in many salons.

Is the problem that she's done too many? If so it's easily fixed. If the colour isn't right it can be toned too.

yorkshirepud44 Thu 21-Mar-19 18:28:14

Customer service-wise, there is nothing worse than this. It's excruciating sitting there for hours in front of someone you've just complained about. Very few people would feel comfortable with this.

This happened to me recently - brassy highlights slapped on and after I emailed them they offered me a choice of stylists to put it right - the one I picked did a fab job and I tipped him a tenner as the appointment was free.

The whole thing is a ballache of wasted time though angry

droningtraffic Mon 25-Mar-19 15:26:08

Well I went back and they 'fixed it'.

Still looks like shite. It's two foot long and was my pride and joy.

I want to cry.

FuckertyBoo Mon 25-Mar-19 15:46:17

sad sorry op.

I used to say I wasn’t “precious” about my hair and I know it’s a first world problem etc etc. But then, I had the aforementioned dreadful cut. My lovely new hairdresser has just cut i after I waited a few months after The.Cut. She’s had to cut it right up to the hairline at the back. It was so badly uneven and wispy and thin at the bottom. I honestly don’t know what the original hairdresser was thinking. Unless she was drunk.

thedisorganisedmum Mon 25-Mar-19 16:03:33

that's awful. Did you get a refund if the fix is not enough?

Have you got a local FB group? I would put a photo, name the salon, keep to facts: I wanted this, had that, they tried to correct but obviously failed,
and ask if someone else could fix it?

Seeing bad publicity might give them an incentive to show decent customer service.

droningtraffic Mon 25-Mar-19 16:46:49

No refund. Was £100 too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »