Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be furious with barber

(165 Posts)
BillywigSting Thu 21-Mar-19 16:39:27

So I took ds for a much needed tidy up haircut. It was a bit longer than in the 3rd pic. He chose a style he likes and that will be ok with school.

The blurred out pic is ds, the other what he wanted.

He previously had lots of beautiful blonde curls. They have given him a number 4 and cut his ear.

I know I am probably being a bit dramatic but I could honestly cry. His hair grows really really really slowly too. This is only his fifth or sixth haircut ever because it's curly it stays short for ages.

I refused to pay because it looks nothing like what he asked for. He's upset about loosing his curls and I'm not sure school will be overly happy with it either.

peppaaargh Thu 21-Mar-19 16:40:12

No pics

BillywigSting Thu 21-Mar-19 16:41:18

Whoops sorry will try again!

GreenTulips Thu 21-Mar-19 16:41:38

Pics?

kaytee87 Thu 21-Mar-19 16:42:28

Following for pics

RedHelenB Thu 21-Mar-19 16:43:15

I would say a hairdresser might have been better than a barber if he wanted to keep his curls.

BillywigSting Thu 21-Mar-19 16:43:17

Pics

kaytee87 Thu 21-Mar-19 16:45:13

Can you post a pic of how it is now?

Tentomidnight Thu 21-Mar-19 16:45:37

I can’t see your photos but when a barber cut my DS’ hair too short I actually cried!
And I say that as a mum who’s never liked their DS’ hair any longer than average. Within a month it grew to a much better length though.
Don’t let your DS see how much you hate it, whatever you do, he may take it to heart.

peppaaargh Thu 21-Mar-19 16:45:46

Is the middle pic your son? Looks nice

KnockMeDown Thu 21-Mar-19 16:45:49

Sorry, which is the after photo?

FlopsyMopsyRabbit Thu 21-Mar-19 16:46:03

It's fine. Why would the school not be pleased about it?!

It's not going to look like the photo he wanted because his hair is curly but it looks completely fine to me.

Sirzy Thu 21-Mar-19 16:46:18

I don’t see how he could get the one he wanted and keep his curls? hmm

peppaaargh Thu 21-Mar-19 16:47:03

I don't know what's going on confused

SavoyCabbage Thu 21-Mar-19 16:47:08

There are only two photos so I don't really know what it looked like before but that is a lovely haircut.

I don't see how you can have hair like that and have the curls as well.

TantrumsAndBalloons Thu 21-Mar-19 16:47:32

How closely cropped is a number 4 that the school will object to it

motherofdxughters Thu 21-Mar-19 16:48:12

How could he have got the one he wanted and kept his curls? That's pretty short. There doesn't seem to be a photo of the 'after' cut either. Just two of your son with a red blotch on his face.

Bunnybigears Thu 21-Mar-19 16:48:30

So the one in the middle is what he asked for? Did they do number 4 all over because that haircut needs to be longer on top and shorter on the sides.

Babysharkdododont Thu 21-Mar-19 16:48:44

Eh? None of your photos make sense sorry.

LindaLa Thu 21-Mar-19 16:49:02

I think school will be fine, it's no scalp showing around here, it's the cut ear I'd be pissed at.
Did they apologise?
Make sure he was ok and sanitised?

Were you not watching?
Did you or your son see the curls going?

ShirleyPhallus Thu 21-Mar-19 16:49:08

How could he have had the cut he wanted without cutting out his curls?

itswinetime Thu 21-Mar-19 16:50:03

The middle pic is what he wanted? I don't see how he could have that and keep his curls? Are the pics with the dinosaur him after? It doesn't look that different in length to the middle picture just some styling need as they have very different types of hair I think

Bunnybigears Thu 21-Mar-19 16:52:01

Plus his hair type in the pics with the dinosaur was never going to look like the middle pic it's just not thick enough.

OneDayillSleep Thu 21-Mar-19 16:53:47

If the picture taken from the side is the after picture it looks lovely, I don’t see the problem? I honestly don’t understand how you thought he could go for a hair cut and keep his curls, unless you just ask for just the sides cut?

werideatdawn Thu 21-Mar-19 16:55:15

Surely you couldn't have that style and keep the curls? My son has curly hair but when he has a cut like that it is much less curly because it's short and there's less hair to curl...
I think yabvu to have refused to pay if they've given him what you asked for!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »