Talk

Advanced search

7 days to feel better

(15 Posts)
Helpmepleaseeeeeee Thu 21-Mar-19 15:08:01

Can someone/ anyone give me some pointers to feel better about myself in 7 days (preferably ways that include just feeling less porky) but i mean generally rather than weight specifically really. I just feel 'meh' at the moment! I am half a stone heavier than i usually am which doesn't help the meh but i just need to feel more me! I have been struggling with everything feeling on top of me just recently but have made some really positive changes this week and i feel worlds away from how i felt on Sunday BUT feel like now i am looking at myself just feeling 'not good'. I have a big event next Saturday and want to feel like Me and confident - i will tan, do my hair etc etc but i just want to feel less bloated/ chunkier than now etc!
I follow a healthy diet and exercise anyway but have just had a lot of big weekends which have taken their toll, hence the half stone wink so really i want an idea to just feel like a sparklier less bloated version of me by next Saturday without surviving solely on cabbage or something grin

Helpmepleaseeeeeee Thu 21-Mar-19 15:08:29

Oh i meant for this to be in Chat not AIBU blush

FullOnMonet1980 Thu 21-Mar-19 15:30:06

Hi OP,

My advice would be to is to have a fasting day. I do this every Monday as I like to "reset" my eating after the weekend. I have my tea on Sunday evening, drink nothing but water on the Monday then back to normal breakfast time on Tuesday. I find it gives my disgestive system time to catch up & I feel/look less bloated.

For the next few days no alcohol or refined sugar. Go for nice long walks - this will make you feel better physically & mentally.

Can you book a few day off work so you have more time to focus on yourself? Maybe book a massage/pedicure/manicure.

Treat yourself to a new outfit.

Hope this helps flowers

Helpmepleaseeeeeee Thu 21-Mar-19 15:34:15

Thanks fullon i have actually booked to have my nails done Friday as i thought that may help too smile

Hadn't thought about a fasting day as haven't tried them before but will give it a go - i normally do a quite intense gym class on a Monday so may save it for Tuesday as the two probably don't go together too well

LaurieFairyCake Thu 21-Mar-19 15:36:48

Green juices

Do yourself a facial

Rub hand cream or cuticle oil in a few times a day

Look in a mirror in DAYLIGHT and pluck out all the horrifying shit you can't see in the winter gloom

Helpmepleaseeeeeee Thu 21-Mar-19 15:40:37

Laurie i think it was the daylight mirror that set me off tbh shock grin but thank you very much for the tips. I know i sound like a complete drama queen and as i say it isn't necessarily just about how i look just that i was really starting to feel more positive this week after being very hard on myself recently and i thought going to the event i have been looking forward to feeling good and like i have myself back would help me continue to be positive but i will give green juices and facial a try smile

FullOnMonet1980 Thu 21-Mar-19 15:43:03

Yeah if you decide to do a fasting day defo do it on a day when you're less active.

Also I drink lots of boiled water. Good way to give your system a flush.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 21-Mar-19 15:44:58

Ok, then I will go further

Celebrate your achievements- look through photos, make a list of what you've accomplished- toast yourself

Self nurture over the next few days - do the things that make you feel good. Buy or use a nice notebook, make plans in it. Doodle, cuddle under a blanket with a happy book - do the things that make you feel good

Helpmepleaseeeeeee Thu 21-Mar-19 15:51:02

Great thank you both.

Sorry Laurie i sounded really rude then - i was just trying to say i am not completely vein blush i want to look better because i think that naturally makes you feel better sometimes. love the idea of a happy book though i love reading and used to read so much and haven't touched a book in months. As you can probably tell i am a complete overthinker which is partly how i got myself in a muddle the last few months but i am working on that too smile

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Thu 21-Mar-19 15:53:29

No bread,pasta or sweet stuff

FullOnMonet1980 Thu 21-Mar-19 16:04:23

The event you are going to is it something to have to go to & do you actually want to go?

If it's something you could cancel maybe not having the pressure to feel amazing in 7 days will make you feel better.

Helpmepleaseeeeeee Thu 21-Mar-19 16:08:57

Yes FullOn i would have to go but also I have actually really been looking forward to it. Admittedly at another time i may have enjoyed it slightly more but i know i will still enjoy it just want to feel confident enough so that it actually looks like i am enjoying it too

FullOnMonet1980 Thu 21-Mar-19 16:17:49

Ah ok. Hope you manage to feel better over the next few days. I'm sure after a couple of wine you'll relax & have a great time grin

flowers

LaurieFairyCake Thu 21-Mar-19 18:41:03

You didn't sound remotely rude grinthanks

FullOfJellyBeans Thu 21-Mar-19 18:54:44

A drastic diet messes with my blood sugar and makes me feel crap. Maybe a bit of exercise - walking and some sit ups to tone and get the endorphins flowing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »