Talk

Advanced search

To ask the best thing for piles (sorry)

(25 Posts)
Cocolepew Thu 21-Mar-19 13:15:23

I have the hardest pile ever its like a bloody marble.
Ive been using Anusol but its not doing the job.
Any miracle cures?

auberne Thu 21-Mar-19 13:18:06

Don't worry OP, most of us have been there!

Firstly, shit loads of water. AT LEAST 2 litres a day.

Secondly, greens greens greens. Make sure you're eating loads of t

auberne Thu 21-Mar-19 13:18:45

(Posted too soon!)

Loads of fibre.

If it gets any worse, though, go to the GP smile

americandream Thu 21-Mar-19 13:20:40

LAXIDO. Makes your stools soft. Piles are caused by constipation usually.

You can get Laxido from Boots and other pharmacies...

americandream Thu 21-Mar-19 13:21:28

Germaloids is good too (for the immediate issue.) Better than anusol.

Cocolepew Thu 21-Mar-19 13:21:34

Tmi but I'm pooing ok, I've been ill and on Tramadol which constipated me, but things are running smoothly again grin.
It flipping throbbing angry

Overtheborder Thu 21-Mar-19 13:23:23

I've had the same for a month now.

I went to the pharmacy and asked for something better than anusol buy they only had the anusol pessaries.

They helped a bit, but it's still there and nips when I walk blush

Cocolepew Thu 21-Mar-19 13:24:38

Anusol usually works, I dont really get them much. But this one is some sort of mutant pile shock

Funnyface1 Thu 21-Mar-19 13:28:34

If it's hard it means it's thrombosed. Nothing much can speed it up, your body has to break down the blood clot and reabsorb it.

For relief and swelling, ice is best. Something ice cold in cling film, applied directly to the pile. I know that sounds vile but it really helps and is recommended by doctors/midwives etc.

FookMeFookYou Thu 21-Mar-19 13:29:54

Epsom salt bath was a winner for my post-birth piles along with prep-h and suppositories. Shallow baths with the Epsom, just enough water to soak your starfish and it made a huge improvement 👍🏼

Treaclesweet Thu 21-Mar-19 13:30:41

I've had one for ages now! Doctor said birth would cure it but ds is 4 months so whens that working?! Following for miracle cures!

I really miss having bum-confidence.

msannabella Thu 21-Mar-19 13:34:18

I had a major one while pregnant. Used germaloid cream and for immediate relief, a witch hazel soaked tissue. Keep the bottle of witch hazel in the fridge. And baths with Epsom salts. Tmi, but the only thing that'd stop mine throbbing would be to poke it back up in the shower. Only temporary relief though cos it'd pop back out quickly.

Cocolepew Thu 21-Mar-19 13:39:38

Thanks everyone, I have ice cubes in the freezer to try later and I had epsom salts so will have a bath later.
Ive tried poking it but it wont move hmm

americandream Thu 21-Mar-19 13:51:21

@Cocolepew

Please do try this OP. smile

It has antiseptic in it, a mild anaesthetic, an anti-inflammatory, and pain relief. And it shrinks the pile(s.)

Stop prodding it the pile though; you will inflame it and slow down the healing process. Good luck!.

Also agree that a bit of ice against it may help. But you need something to get rid of it, not just ease the itching etc.

Cocolepew Thu 21-Mar-19 13:53:58

Thanks american, I'll get it this afternoon.

Skrowten Thu 21-Mar-19 13:55:20

What actually gets rid of the pile though? I have had one for ages, I can manage the symptoms but would like to get rid.

americandream Thu 21-Mar-19 13:56:30

You are welcome coco.

And skrowten, see above ^ Try germaloids. Apply twice a day I think for about a week.. Shrinks them really well, and reduces itching, smile

americandream Thu 21-Mar-19 13:57:10

It's only about £2.50 to £3 and is better than anusol IMO.

ThomasHardyPerennial Thu 21-Mar-19 13:58:08

The Germoloids ointment is 100 times better than the cream!

TheQueef Thu 21-Mar-19 13:59:09

I'm having surgery for mine next month. Even cutting the buggers off is no guarantee they won't return.

americandream Thu 21-Mar-19 14:01:35

I think the germaloids cream AND ointment do pretty much the same thing thomas but the OP can ask the pharmacist for advice if she is not sure. Either one will help her a lot.

Cocolepew Thu 21-Mar-19 14:02:13

Oh good luck Queef. Dh was supposed to but chickened out, he had them tied.
I was finding tiny elastic bands all over the house for weeks .

GottenGottenGotten Thu 21-Mar-19 14:05:28

Coconut oil.

It was the only thing I could think to use over the weekend with no access to a pharmacy (live remotely), and it was bloody wonderful!

ThomasHardyPerennial Thu 21-Mar-19 14:27:41

I know american, in my experience the ointment is just loads better. The consistency makes it easier to apply, and less mess too.

sar302 Thu 21-Mar-19 14:48:35

I had a couple of internal prolapsing ones, went to the GP, referral straight to a colorectal surgeon, who banded them. They die off and come out with your bowel movements about a week later.
No problems since!

Don't know if you can band external ones? But might be worth checking.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »