Talk

Advanced search

Fleas in carpets - will cleaning them professionally work ?

(19 Posts)
Inliverpool1 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:09:33

Or do they have to come up ?

Pinkandpurplehairedlady Thu 21-Mar-19 07:11:53

You can get a spray called indorex online that will get rid of them. You need to spray every nook and cranny.

genome Thu 21-Mar-19 07:12:33

Get indorex spray (they sell on Amazon or vets often have it). Spray all the floors in the house and problem should be solved!

AndItStillSaidFourOfTwo Thu 21-Mar-19 07:12:53

You need a flea bomb, or Indorex spray, lots of it. (Presumably these are cat or dog fleas?).

littlecabbage Thu 21-Mar-19 07:13:31

You need to use a dedicated product such as Indorex or RIP Fleas. Do you have pets? What is the history of your problem?

Preggosaurus9 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:13:57

I went to the vet and got flea spray. Think it was indorex too. Pretty nasty stuff but did the job. Have to leave the room alone with closed doors for a few hours as the fumes are very harmful to people and animals.

littlecabbage Thu 21-Mar-19 07:14:57

(Cats and dogs need to be treated regularly or they will keep bringing new fleas home).

Inliverpool1 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:15:51

So it’s the previous tenants cats, they have gone now but left their friends. I’ll go and buy the spray. Thank you for the tip about being out all day I’ll make sure that happens

billybagpuss Thu 21-Mar-19 07:17:23

Also if you are using frontline on your pets it doesn’t work any more it’s been overused in a diluted over the counter form so the fleas have developed a resistance so get different stuff from the vets. We are using stronghold

billybagpuss Thu 21-Mar-19 07:17:42

Sorry cross post

EngagedAgain Thu 21-Mar-19 07:18:30

Depends how bad it is. If it is bad I'd get rid of the carpet then keep on top of it in future.

EngagedAgain Thu 21-Mar-19 07:20:25

If you got no pets yourself I'd definitely get rid of the carpet.

Serin Thu 21-Mar-19 07:21:43

That explains a lot BillyBagpuss!!
We have used Indorex in the past, it's amazing but very toxic, I accidentally sprayed some on my hand it it withered the skin there for several weeks. shock

hedgehoglurker Thu 21-Mar-19 07:22:09

We had the same situation. Indorex worked.

PurpleCrazyHorse Thu 21-Mar-19 07:29:03

Don't forget to spray soft furnishings too (test on a small hidden patch just in case). We found the spray to be good but we had only a small number of fleas, so I think we caught it early.

My PIL did a couple of bombs in their open plan downstairs (all carpeted). Was very effective but they went away for the weekend while it was happening. They didn't need to repeat it, on application did the trick.

tisonlymeagain Thu 21-Mar-19 07:31:04

You don't have to get rid of the carpet. If the infestation is quite bad you'll probably struggle with doing it yourself. You can pay someone to come round and do it properly - they are very thorough.

Crockof Thu 21-Mar-19 08:16:03

You need to hoover everywhere first, the vibrations from the hovering wakes them up and makes indorex more effective.

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 21-Mar-19 09:19:27

I'd get the carpets cleaned anyway and then do the indorex as it's not very expensive and effective.

gamerchick Thu 21-Mar-19 09:23:14

Yes hoover each room, especially around the edges and spray the room, getting into all the cracks and corners. Do each room methodically. Mind it's toxic stuff so if you have fish tanks they need to be well covered. Even the snake got covered up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »