Talk

Advanced search

HELP ME BALANCE MY VAG

(35 Posts)
Divgirl2 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:38:36

Tampons probably aren't the culprit but they certainly won't be helping - and neither will the scented pads. I'd ditch both for a few months and see if it helps.

Supposedly adding a garlic supplement to your diet can help (DO NOT PUT GARLIC IN YOUR VAGINA). Might be worth a shot, you can get them in Holland and Barrett.

64sNewName Wed 20-Mar-19 21:37:46

Solgar probiotic supplements used to be good; Viridian is another good brand, I believe.

They aren’t cheap, but they’re the ones that were highly recommended to me by a friend with industry experience. That was some years back, though.

Anonymousttc Wed 20-Mar-19 21:37:33

Ooh no will check out anti Candida diet - I’ve heard sugar exacerbates so I’ve tried (not so successfully blush) to cut down.

DisplayPurposesOnly Wed 20-Mar-19 21:37:12

No shower gels etc, just plain unperfumed soap.

No tights - hold-ups (M&S autograph opaque ones are nice).

At risk of stating obvious, has your husband been treated too, as you can pass thrush back n forth?

Have you been on antibiotics? My mum always gets a thrush treatment prescription any time she has to have antibiotics as it invariably follows.

Samind Wed 20-Mar-19 21:36:19

Could be horomonal? There's some reading into it around ovulation or period time.

Anonymousttc Wed 20-Mar-19 21:36:06

Wash with water only, no scented loo roll, drink a fair amount... do occasional use a scented pad but mostly tampons

Babooshkar Wed 20-Mar-19 21:35:20

Assume you aren’t using any products down there? You don’t need to wash foof with anything except water smile

Have you looked at anti-Candida diet?

Stompythedinosaur Wed 20-Mar-19 21:32:45

You're not pregnant, are you? I had terrible thrush repeatedly during my pregnancies, and never since. I would treat it but it always came back.

Divgirl2 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:32:42

I take it you're already washing with plain water, drinking lots, and not using scented pads or toilet roll?

Anonymousttc Wed 20-Mar-19 21:27:28

Right. I’ve NC for this (obv).
I’ve had BV a few times this year, and thrush twice.
Married and TTC - had full sexual health screen last year before starting TTC and all clear so know it’s nothing more nasty than this.

So clearly something I’m doing is keeping my vag out of whack - I’ve cut down on baths, wear cotton underwear, try to avoid tight jeans
I’ve heard that taking a good probiotic helps, any pointers as to which one?
Any other tips? Honestly I’m desperate to get her sorted now, poor love needs her PH back 🙏

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »