Talk

Advanced search

HELP ME BALANCE MY VAG

(35 Posts)
Anonymousttc Wed 20-Mar-19 21:27:28

Right. I’ve NC for this (obv).
I’ve had BV a few times this year, and thrush twice.
Married and TTC - had full sexual health screen last year before starting TTC and all clear so know it’s nothing more nasty than this.

So clearly something I’m doing is keeping my vag out of whack - I’ve cut down on baths, wear cotton underwear, try to avoid tight jeans
I’ve heard that taking a good probiotic helps, any pointers as to which one?
Any other tips? Honestly I’m desperate to get her sorted now, poor love needs her PH back 🙏

jamoncrumpets Wed 20-Mar-19 22:29:49

Cloth menstrual pads saved my vag, I swear!

gamerchick Wed 20-Mar-19 22:36:07

Get the gel over the countertop for BV. Squeeze one up there at bedtime after anything involving your fanny. Period, sex, oral sex etc. I tend to use one once a week though. Took a bit of trial and error but seems to work quite well. Wear a pad though as you end up wet and uncomfortable otherwise.

AquarianSquirrel Wed 20-Mar-19 22:37:06

Try a keto (high fat, low carb diet). I suffered from thrush and cystitis for years and it's only now I drastically cut out sugar/carbs that I rarely get them. Had one small pancake as a treat yesterday and was itchy down below a few hours later. It's gone now so I know it was down to that!

Watch Dr. Berg and Dr. Berry videos on youtube for tips and background info of a ketogenic diet and keto connect for recipes. You can still eat dessert and make them yourself smile x

SharkSave Wed 20-Mar-19 22:37:17

How are you treating the thrush? I had to have a weeks worth of the oral tablet to clear mine completely. Doctor prescribed it.

I also wash all underwear at 60 degrees with non bio.

Treat your husband at the same time and avoid sex until you're symptom free.

crasstacean Wed 20-Mar-19 22:44:25

I put garlic up there recently. Doesn't work, and also I could taste it really strongly which was the weirdest thing I've experienced. So don't do that.

Think I'm messed up with baths and bath bombs. But since you're ttc, semen can upset your PH?

Anonymousttc Thu 21-Mar-19 18:27:51

You put garlic up there?!

Whatelsecouldibecalled Thu 21-Mar-19 18:30:55

TTC = lots of sex and just that alone can cause down below to get a bit out of whack. Use lube (sperm friendly eg pre seed) if not feeling totally up for it and dry down there can cause thrush and upset later on.

Get some acti gyn gel. It’s bloody brilliant stuff and ttc friendly. Helps balance out the ph in your vagina.

Reduce amount of sugar you eat to help with the thrush.

VictoriaBun Thu 21-Mar-19 18:36:24

Yes agree with another post, keep an eye on your sugar consumption , and weirdly some people who eat seafood also can get this.

Margot33 Thu 21-Mar-19 18:39:41

Sea salt in the bath and no bubble bath helps.

SnowyAlpsandPeaks Thu 21-Mar-19 19:50:54

Always wee and wash with warm plain water after sex

I note you said you get it after your period- use towels but non sented ones, avoid tampons

I guess you are using the weeks course of gel for your bv? Make sure you aren’t having sex whilst using it

These were the things that got rid of mine a few months back (I too posted on here!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »