Talk

Advanced search

To put a wash on at this time?

(28 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Wed 20-Mar-19 21:25:44

I live in a terraced house and have just put a load of washing in the machine and turned it on without looking at the time. Have now realised the time and am wondering if my neighbours will hate me?

e1y1 Wed 20-Mar-19 23:59:42

Some people are on economic 7 or similar, two meters and the electricity used at night is substantially cheaper

But the downside to this is the day rate is dearer - more than a standard rate on a non economy 7 tariff.

For most people now, economy 7/10/12 just doesn't pay off (unless you have electric storage heating)

Indie139 Thu 21-Mar-19 21:58:46

I just put a wash on at 9.30. Sometimes i wake up during the night and have heard my neughbours washing machine as late as 1.30am. Id usually think after 9 is a little late but as my neighbours do theirs late, i guess ill do mine late too ;)

snop Thu 21-Mar-19 22:14:05

Mines on all hours of the day and night, I put it on when I can . Just reading this and realised never give a second though to the time or the neighbours

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »