Talk

Advanced search

One-bedroom flat with toddler?

(8 Posts)
AlmostAlwyn Sat 30-Mar-19 22:37:43

Be ruthless with the toys! You know half of them don't get played with anyway wink and good storage for the ones you do have smile

HelloToMyKitty Fri 22-Mar-19 09:27:35

Thanks. We might hold off on moving then since the consensus seems to be to stay put and save that extra bit.

Any tips on making the flat feel less cramped? grin

Bobbycat121 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:06:19

I lived in a one bed flat with 3 kids 😂im sure you will manage. Plenty in council houses live in one bed flats with children.

MaryShelley1818 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:45:08

We have a large 4-bed Edwardian House (very cheap part of the country for housing!)

DS (16mths) still sleeps in our bed! I’d save your money smile

anniehm Wed 20-Mar-19 21:34:30

As I still had one of my DD's in our bed until 5 I would say stay in the one bed flat, we only moved to a two bed when I was expecting number 2, and they were at junior school when they got their own rooms.

WhoAreThey Wed 20-Mar-19 21:26:21

I lived in a one bed flat with my DM for 15 years, it was fine!

AlmostAlwyn Wed 20-Mar-19 21:24:40

We live in a one bedroom flat with our 2 year old. We get on just fine smile obviously, it's not a solution that's going to work for the long term, but it's not an issue right now (we bedshare).

HelloToMyKitty Wed 20-Mar-19 21:21:10

We are thinking of moving to a two-bedroom flat or small townhouse, due to our baby growing into a toddler.

But continuing with our current lease would make our savings grow a lot faster. Would IBU to ask for your opinion on whether having a toddler in a one-bedroom could work well?

Biggest downside for DC is no space to run around, though we do have a park nearby. DC would still have to share our bedroom but I don’t actually think this is a big deal?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »