Talk

Advanced search

Mother being bullied by another mother

(13 Posts)
Mikki77 Wed 20-Mar-19 18:12:24

My friend is bullied by another mother.
The bully is not o my class rep but also the Chair of the committee that fundraisers for the school. She's not a very nice woman. Anyone who's objected to any of her ideas or she simply doesn't like is at the mercy of her rumours. She told people my friend has bullied her son. Not true. She's also spread rumours about a mother taking drugs - not true and she's claimed one mother is aggressive again not true. The school is reluctant to do anything and that includes taking her of the parents committee..she and her friends are known as the mean girls. My friends very down about the whole thing. A couple of years ago her son died and this women actually said "if her son is made head boy it's only because his brother died!" Who says something like that? What can I do to help my friend?

Beamur Wed 20-Mar-19 18:14:38

Ignore this silly woman and keep your distance.
This kind of behaviour is done to get a rise and make the bully feel better.

AbriaFern Wed 20-Mar-19 18:15:00

Well she can say whatever the fuck she wants about adults .. as long as the other adults around don’t give her the time of day or participate in her petty gossip.

Any accusations about children need to be dealt with by the school, however.

Motherofcreek Wed 20-Mar-19 18:18:01

These women exist every where. We have one at our school.

Show your friend support. It might mean sticking your neck out but bullies need standing up to.

Keep complaining to the school. We have just had overhaul in our PTA because of this

DoneLikeAKipper Wed 20-Mar-19 18:18:35

Oh hello again. Have you witnessed these things happening yourself?

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Wed 20-Mar-19 18:19:29

You did this last night under a marginally different name, Montessori in Clapham?

Mikki77 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:18:41

Hello plainspeakingstraighttalking - i did try and post last night but it was removed by mumsnet as the school could be identified. My mistake entirely.

Mikki77 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:20:51

I have not witnessed Im at a different school. Lots of people have witnessed but no one wants to speak up as it filters down to the children.

BigFatGiant Wed 20-Mar-19 21:21:02

Maybe your friend should send a preaction letter for a claim for defamation. Give her a bit of a scare.

DoneLikeAKipper Wed 20-Mar-19 21:23:43

I have not witnessed Im at a different school.

Then unless a witness is willing to back your friend up, I’m unsure what can be done. If it’s that bad, perhaps the children can move schools, or could someone else do drop-off? How old are the children?

Mikki77 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:29:56

Her boy is 9. Other mother have complained to the school and although teachers have sympathy for the bullied mum's they can't do anything with the say so if the principle who is unwilling to act!

DoneLikeAKipper Wed 20-Mar-19 21:36:41

What about moving schools/changing drop off? Surely there must be some way of avoiding this woman? Is there a possibility you could help, is your child’s school anywhere near theirs and you could do drop-off once in a while?

CallMeRachel Wed 20-Mar-19 22:04:32

Your friend should send out meeting invites to the rest committee to address the issue of slanderous gossip.

Anyone who is hearing her saying things should be questioning why she is telling them these things.

Unfortunately there's idiots like her in every school and workplace. Committees seem to attract them for some reason.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: