Talk

Advanced search

- yes I probably am, but I am an emotional, irrational woman

(7 Posts)
LowFatMilkshake Tue 10-Jul-07 15:47:22

DH and I had planned to go out for his b'day this weekend. My friend is babysitting and I have booked the restaurant.

But he has just reminded me that he told me a few months ago his friends who are DJ's said they may need extra hands this Saturday night.

I do remember him telling me but no specific date was given. And it was 'might need him'. But nothing has been mentioned since

Now he knows I have been planning this meal for a few weeks. And he knows I am a bit raw about us spending time together at the moment because we both work - him 6 days so Saturday nights are the only night we can truly relax and enjoy a glass of wine and late night etc. (And I'm probably a bit hormonal), and he was out last weekend at a workmates wedding.

So while the logical side of me sees sense in him earning about £100 cash in hand, instead of speninding about £60 on a meal for two.

The emotional side of me is sure to get in a tizz and probably cause a row . Just because I want a bit of attnetion and to spend time with him.

Someone please slap me or cuddle me

suezee Tue 10-Jul-07 15:49:16

awww cuddles i think he should explain to his mates and tell them its for his b day and he wants to spend it with you, can they not get another friend to help??????

mytwopenceworth Tue 10-Jul-07 15:49:51

<slap>
<hug>
Make use of the babysitter and go with him. Help out too. Then drive home slowly, park somewhere and have a natter and a cuddle.

And go for a meal next Saturday, knowing you will STILL be £40 up!

maisemor Tue 10-Jul-07 15:50:01

Big hug to you. I would be sorely disappointed myself if he chose work over me on a special night out, even if it is not MY birthday but only his .

anorak Tue 10-Jul-07 15:51:02

Why don't you go out for Sunday lunch?

LowFatMilkshake Tue 10-Jul-07 15:52:20

We have a family day event to go to on Sunday, the meal was just going to be us because we both look after the children between us and work all week.

kslatts Tue 10-Jul-07 16:44:59

If you don't need the extra money your dh will make helping his friends then YANBU.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: