Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning

(5 Posts)
lw26 Wed 20-Mar-19 14:08:19

Firstly apologies for posting here, wasn't sure where to post.

My partner and I have a four month old dd, and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to keep on top of cleaning! My partner works long hours and does more than his fair share when he is home, but during the day I feel I only manage to get day to day jobs done like dishes, a load of washing etc rather than actual cleaning! Before having dd even though I was working full time we still managed to keep the house pretty immaculate.

So I'm just wondering what you other mums with similar ages babies manage to get done day to day? I feel like my upstairs has barely been touched since dd was born and it's really starting to bother me!

Thanks

thecatsarecrazy Wed 20-Mar-19 14:12:27

Don't put to much pressure on yourself. Just keeping on top of washing and making sure your all fed is fine. you don't get this time back again. My youngest is 2 and I can't leave him for a min. Sadly having children means having an immaculate house will go out the window for a while. Now I just get bits done while hes sat having lunch or a drink anything else has to wait.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Wed 20-Mar-19 14:20:44

Stop right there op - and get a cup of coffee!

So long as the kitchen and bathrooms are clean, not a lot else really matters at this stage. Whizz the hoover round the living areas at the end of the day. Plus dishwasher on, washing machine on.

I never did understand the necessity to deep clean (as some appear to do) every day or even every week. Do people really dust their skirting boards daily or week? isnt once a month enough?

You really have to prioritise what needs to be done, and what you'd like to be done. One room a day, perhaps? Although even when I pull my bedroom to pieces for a deep clean (which is curtains down, windows cleaned , all linen off, mattress turned and hoovered, mass sorting out of the knicker drawer, chucking out of old make up etc) that only takes me 2.5 to 3 hours - and thats nothing like I'd expect anyone who is doing daily housework to aspire to !

Bouncebacker Wed 20-Mar-19 14:27:20

I had a cleaner! Just two hours every other week but I just found I wasn’t enjoying my baby because I was getting stressed out by the dirt, and by not having time. The cleaner did the kitchen, bathroom and mopped the floors (I had a clean floor obsession when the babies were crawling!) and hoovered. it was £12 per hour so £48 per month and it saved my sanity and proabably my marriage. I chose that over a meal out each month. When I got a chance, I did top up cleaning but I knew it was being done properly every other week. It does get easier when they get old, so go easy on your self - choose one thing that really matters, and outsource if you possibly can.

Eliza9917 Wed 20-Mar-19 14:43:23

www.theorganisedmum.blog/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »