Talk

Advanced search

To expect to know if he's ok?

(10 Posts)
WhiskyExchange Wed 20-Mar-19 13:14:59

Barrenfield he might be, I sent the text last night so didn’t want to text again this morning.

I hate this early stages bit where you don’t want to seem too overfamiliar/ needy by texting too much, but also don’t want to seem uncaring either. We haven’t talked about being in a relationship or anything so not sure how I should act with this really.

I’ll maybe leave it till this evening and text again.

Barrenfieldoffucks Wed 20-Mar-19 13:09:49

Yeah but that was last night, he might have seen it and gone to sleep. I can't see anything wrong with texting again today.

Bobbycat121 Wed 20-Mar-19 13:06:45

It was HIM who didnt respond to her last message.

Barrenfieldoffucks Wed 20-Mar-19 13:04:13

He might wonder why you haven't contacted him?

Stawp Wed 20-Mar-19 13:02:23

I think it's reasonable to want to know how he is, not like he's a stranger.

WhiskyExchange Wed 20-Mar-19 12:33:24

Thank you, I was worried I was being a bit unreasonable waiting for him to let me know.

Newadventure it was for chest pains, turned out to be inflammation rather than anything more serious so I know he's likely to be ok but he was in quite a bit of pain yesterday.

BlueMerchant Wed 20-Mar-19 12:06:47

I'd give it till tonight then I'd send a text asking if he's ok and then leave it at that.

Arowana Wed 20-Mar-19 12:06:33

I’d want to know too (and I don’t have health anxiety). Try not to worry though. Hopefully he’ll be in touch soon.

Newadventure Wed 20-Mar-19 12:02:34

No not needy. I'd want to know too.
Give it another day before you get too worried though. Sounds like he's got a lot on his plate.
Did he say why he went to hospital??

WhiskyExchange Wed 20-Mar-19 11:56:57

Been on a few dates so not a BF or relationship, however have been in contact everyday - just a few how's your day been texts here and there.

He text to let me know yesterday morning that he'd been taken to hospital by ambulance over night so we spoke for a bit then, checking how he was/if he needed anything. He was let out later that morning and went to sleep, said he'd been in touch again later on. He works nights so had been awake overnight and most of the day so I didn't expect to hear from him again yesterday. I text last night just to say hope he was ok and had a good night.

I haven't heard from him again since then. AIBU to have expected him just to let me know he was ok today? I'm fully aware he owes me nothing not being in a relationship or anything and that I'd be way down on his list of priorities but thought since he'd let me know he was ill yesterday and its been over 24hrs since I've heard from him, he could take 2 seconds just to let me know how he was today?

I have health anxiety as two close family members have recently died since being taken into hospital so know this might be contributing to the worry and fully prepared to be told I'm being way too needy blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »