Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours dog pissing in front of our house (pic)

(136 Posts)
countrygardenx Wed 20-Mar-19 09:24:15

Would you knock on and ask them to stop letting there dog go outside our house or aibu?

I can't stand the smell of dog piss I have a dog but he goes out the back.

BMW6 Wed 20-Mar-19 14:29:57

Surely if you walked your male dog on the kerb side they would piss on peoples cars, which may be even more objectionable to the car owners?

OP dogs will pee where others have, so I suspect the strong smell is of many dogs over a long period of time.

I am told that soda water neutralizes the smell so would a) solve the stinkiness and b) cancel the "piss here" beacon.

Soda water surely kinder to environment than bleach or Zoflora also.

IHateUncleJamie Wed 20-Mar-19 17:31:13

Apols if I’ve missed it OP but if you’ve never seen the neighbour walk their dog since you’ve lived there, how do you know it’s the neighbour’s dog? Does the dog walk itself? confused

YABVU if you think you can stop any dog pissing on a public right of way. Male dogs especially will mark their territory so you’ll get more than one dog weeing there and maybe even an urban fox. Are you planning to accost every dog owner who goes past your house?

Katinkka Wed 20-Mar-19 17:34:43

I can’t believe you took a picture of some dog wee.

NutElla5x Wed 20-Mar-19 18:22:56

At least the neighbours bother to walk their dog,whereas op is obviously too busy taking photos of the pavement to do the same for her poor mutt. I wonder if she allows her child to play in the garden amongst all the smelly dog piss in it.

justasking111 Wed 20-Mar-19 19:14:57

When you have a pushchair that has to be stored indoors it cannot be easy to try and avoid it to keep the wheels clean.

slipperywhensparticus Wed 20-Mar-19 19:18:41

First wee of the walk is the strongest

happyhillock Wed 20-Mar-19 19:23:51

Cats doing there buisness in your garden is worse than dog's peeing on the pavement, there's nothing you can do about it ..

Marilynmansonsthermos Wed 20-Mar-19 19:59:40

Sorry I think you are being a bit precious op. I would be amazed if someone popped out of their house and told my dog to stop weeing on the pavement! That's what it is, I'm afraid it's not part of your land!

bellabasset Wed 20-Mar-19 20:12:54

White vinegar, I tried to use this to stop the cats digging up plants but it killed the plants.

frankie001 Wed 20-Mar-19 20:18:40

Who says there isn’t targeted advertising on the internet!? 😂

Peterpiperpickedwrong Wed 20-Mar-19 20:26:53

Jeyes fluid. People used to let their dogs crap in front of our wall and then not bother to pick it up. Since throwing a bucket of jeyes fluid down they no longer consider it a place to poop/pee & I just throw some down periodically to keep them away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »