Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours dog pissing in front of our house (pic)

(136 Posts)
countrygardenx Wed 20-Mar-19 09:24:15

Would you knock on and ask them to stop letting there dog go outside our house or aibu?

I can't stand the smell of dog piss I have a dog but he goes out the back.

BiscuitDrama Wed 20-Mar-19 09:48:51

I think vinegar neutralises it so other dogs won’t then go on top.

Bahhhhhumbug Wed 20-Mar-19 09:51:46

Yabvu, as long as dog owners pick up after their dogs which let's face it we still struggle to get all dog owners to do, then we can hardly start trying to police where they wee.
Also l presume your ba k garden doesn't stink yet you let your dog wee there so what's the difference.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 20-Mar-19 09:51:52

Park somewhere else?

MyKingdomForACaramel Wed 20-Mar-19 09:52:16

You’re being a bit silly - dogs do Wee on pavements. However you can either - buy a special disinfectant that’s made to discourage dogs from peeing in am certain area, or also biological washing liquid works too (not non bio)

PigletJohn Wed 20-Mar-19 09:53:46

Keep a watering can on the doorstep.

Water and a dash of disinfectant or household cleaner.

Tip it over the peeing spot as often as you can.

RustyBear Wed 20-Mar-19 09:54:11

Keep a spray bottle handy and if you can get to the gate quickly, get out there as soon as you see him coming. If the neighbour sees you spraying it might get the message through.

Myheartbelongsto Wed 20-Mar-19 09:54:16

I'd knock in and say it to your neighbour. At first I thought you but actually I wouldn't like to have to dodge that when walking into my house.

Ollypops14 Wed 20-Mar-19 09:54:37

Invite the dog in to use the toilet !!!!

greenelephantscarf Wed 20-Mar-19 09:55:20

yanbu
spray bottle with perfume (those christmas gifts) or garlic powder/chilli powder diluted in water and sprayed on as deterrent.
it's well possible that a fox also marks there...

NutElla5x Wed 20-Mar-19 09:56:28

I would think you were mental if you knocked on my door to complain that my dog was peeing on the pavement. Haha wtaf?!!!

Bookworm4 Wed 20-Mar-19 09:56:47

I'm sorry but FFS was my immediate response. How dare a dog pee on a public road, get a grip, I highly doubt there's 'a puddle of pee' I'm sure your darling DS can step over it.

spiderlight Wed 20-Mar-19 09:59:18

Warm water and bio washing powder will clear it and will break down the smell, which might deter him from doing it there again.

Climbingahoneytree Wed 20-Mar-19 10:00:24

I know it's on the pavement but when DS jumps out of the car there is usually a puddle of piss.

Park somewhere else. This is a problem you could have literally anywhere.

Motherofcreek Wed 20-Mar-19 10:01:48

I’d absolutely knock on and ask her to stop it. Horrible.

Widowodiw Wed 20-Mar-19 10:01:50

It’s on the pavement and not on your property so you are being unreasonable I’m afraid.

CabbageHippy Wed 20-Mar-19 10:02:18

what do you want them to do, cork the dog until it passes your driveway?

countrygardenx Wed 20-Mar-19 10:02:45

@Bookworm4 why do you highly doubt it? Of course there will be a puddle it all trickles down.

I just can't understand why you would let your dog go and piss in front of your neighbours house.

Ilovelala Wed 20-Mar-19 10:03:19

Where do you want it to go? Anywhere but near your house or what?

countrygardenx Wed 20-Mar-19 10:04:40

@Ilovelala in there back garden maybe?

CardinalCat Wed 20-Mar-19 10:06:13

You're being a little bit unreasonable I think.

If I'm walking the dogs and they look like they're going to pee or poo right outside someone's house, I try to cajole them along a bit so that they do it away from the drive or gate. that's good manners. However, it's a public pavement I presume, and I'm not sure there's much you can do short of giving it a blast with the pressure washer every time it happens, which will perhaps get the message across to your neighbour (but is also licence for them to call you hyacinth bucket and laugh at you a bit.) Are you close to your neighbours? I wouldn't risk a good relationship over this. I also don't think it's a bad lesson for your child to learn that he has to watch where he puts his feet in general, when getting out of a car/ walking along a pavement, if there's what looks like a stream of piss.
That's not to say I don't have some sympathy for your situation though- it's a little thoughtless of your neighbour but I doubt it's being done on purpose.

Kaddm Wed 20-Mar-19 10:06:48

It is pretty rude to continually let your dog piss outside your neighbours house especially when there is a small child getting out directly onto it. Once or twice, I wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but continually is just rude. I suppose at least is isn’t dog shit.

Croprotationinthe14thcentury Wed 20-Mar-19 10:07:49

In Spain the dog walkers all walk around with a bottle of washing up liquid hot water and when their dog/s are they spray the area unhelpful

SpamChaudFroid Wed 20-Mar-19 10:09:41

Try washing the area with Simple Solution, or if you don't have that some dissolved bio washing powder. The enzymes break down the pissy smell.

I don't think you can control what others do on public highways though. If only!

NutElla5x Wed 20-Mar-19 10:10:16

If there is nearly always a puddle of piss when you get out of your car AND it stinks as bad as you say I think there must be seriously wrong with that dog,so unless your neighbour gets it to the vet sharpish I doubt it will live for much longer anyway to be honest!

Bookworm4 Wed 20-Mar-19 10:11:16

In the garden? Is that the only place your dog pees? Does he hold it in on walks? You are being ridiculous, I'm sure other dogs pee outside your house, you are prepared to cause problems over something so petty then you are being small minded.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »