Talk

Advanced search

Feel sad about seeing a photo of my ex on his wedding day

(11 Posts)
MkandMe Tue 19-Mar-19 21:23:28

AIBU to feel sad that I've just seen a photo of my ex on his wedding day.

I'm fairly content with my life. The relationship I had with my ex was up and down but I do think that I never loved anyone the way I loved him and to this day I have fond memories of our time together. Our relationship ended because of lack of trust and other issues and finished on bad terms. As much as I wanted to be with him it just would always end in arguments. I distanced myself and cut all contact with him. I made a life for myself and am married with a baby. Despite the ups and down with my husband I do love him and family life.

I don't know why I feel sad about my ex. When I saw the photo my heart sank.

BlueThesaurusRex Tue 19-Mar-19 21:26:49

YANBU - You’re entitled to feel how you feel. Not much you can do now other than focus on improving yourself and your family life. Maybe unfollow the ex on social media if it’s too painful to see?

How999 Tue 19-Mar-19 21:29:14

Yes I can imagine that felt horrible.

I have just been through a horrible divorce and my ex and I are not on speaking terms. During the months we were forced to live in the same house he obviously got together with someone. This person hasn’t yet materialised (ex sees the dc so one day they will know), but the day that she does I will feel all shades of shit. Am trying to not cross that bridge until I come to it.

tartantrewsweddingblues Tue 19-Mar-19 21:30:11

YANBU at all. Don’t be so hard on yourself.

mrsdavys Tue 19-Mar-19 21:30:13

I think it’s natural to still have some feelings to a degree about exes even if they’re not romantic.
I think it’s ok for your heart to sink and for you to feel something about it because you were a big part of each other’s lives! It didn’t work out but that doesn’t mean that he’s wiped from your memory.
you don’t sound crazy or jealous so don’t worry!

LittleBird74 Tue 19-Mar-19 21:34:45

YANBU
When my ex got married it really bothered me. We parted friendly, and I was even invited to the night do of the wedding. Seeing them dance together made my heart hurt a little.

MondeoFan Tue 19-Mar-19 21:54:59

It's a perfectly natural feeling under the circumstances. I'd feel the same, my baby daddy was a complete arse to me, I haven't seen him in 4 years, to see him marry would break my heart.

Squeegle Tue 19-Mar-19 21:57:55

Oh yes; it’s the way you feel. It can’t be unreasonable. He was important to you; you started off with high hopes... it is sad when things move on and those hopes are not realised. I get it even though I wouldn’t want to be with my ex I understand exactly

LHMB Tue 19-Mar-19 21:58:32

YANBU. I was with my son's father for 14 years. We split in 2014. Within nine months he had moved on and got engaged. Seeing his wedding photo crop up on my friend suggestions, when I used to have FB, absolutely hurt

Sparklesocks Tue 19-Mar-19 22:00:13

YANBU, it’s a bit like seeing a ghost from an old life

NannyKasey Tue 19-Mar-19 22:10:06

I could have gone to my ex's wedding as my DS's +1. Luckily he didn't want to go as as much as I like my ex's (now) DW it would have been a bit awkward (not that my exh would have realised as he has a hide like a rhino). I have no problem with exh's DW as she wasn't the reason we broke up. I'm just happy that I'm not dealing with his controlling crap on a daily basis.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »