Talk

Advanced search

To not go to work with a 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitor?

(191 Posts)
Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Tue 19-Mar-19 06:54:42

ie.
i cant drive so will need to go on the bus.
i wont be able to use phone - that's ok, i can get away with that
but the noise, everyone will know, and i dont want them to

toomuchtooold Tue 19-Mar-19 14:58:39

I did it two years ago. 20 minutes after I left the GP's I got a call from the kindergarten to go pick up my kid who had fallen off a swing and cut open her chin. We'd to go up A&E and then, as she's needle phobic, they had to give her several doses of sedative before she could be restrained enough to get the local injected was calm enough for treatment. It was a good test - GP was like, what happened at half past 10? But as it returned to normal after that one reading, it was a perfect test actually.

Hadjab Tue 19-Mar-19 15:16:37

it is not work induced blood pressure that is being monitored. but no one can seem to appreciate this

Here’s the thing OP, your opening post didn’t mention anything about what type of blood pressure was being measured, it was literally “I’m not going to work.’’
Mumsnet users are not mind readers, you need to be clearer, both in your OP, and your responses, although I really don’t know why you bothered, as you’ve already made up your mind...

greathat Tue 19-Mar-19 16:57:33

I went to work teaching teenagers with one on! Just got to work and do a normal day

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Tue 19-Mar-19 17:03:40

Machine given back, no questions asked about my day

Monarexfluff Tue 19-Mar-19 17:19:05

My dd has to wear one to school in a couple of months, we were told he should do everything that he would do on an average day so school etc the only thing that he won't do as he would normally do is swim as you can't get them wet. You really should just do everything you would normally do including work to get the most accurate reading

Bunnyfuller Tue 19-Mar-19 17:55:04

They won’t ask questions as they’ll assume you did your normal thing. If they were very worried you’d have had a lot more going on than a simple 24-hr monitoring.

How long do you stay off when you are actually ill?!

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Tue 19-Mar-19 18:07:46

If how long i stay off is relevant to this? I cant remember the last time I was ill with time off thanks very much

Bunnyfuller Tue 19-Mar-19 18:16:31

Because you’ve turned a very common medical, non-invasive test into a huge deal.

Did you tell work you had to stay off for BP monitoring?

I used to work with a Type 2 diabetic and she always did her sugar reads and jabs in front of colleagues, making a big drama about it.

Not sure why you asked, and why you came back to tell us you didn’t go in!

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Tue 19-Mar-19 18:17:16

i dont know why anyone is so bothered.

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Tue 19-Mar-19 18:17:50

i dont get paid

SofaSurfer20 Tue 19-Mar-19 18:18:52

I had one a while back, drove and went to work with it on.

All they could hear was buzzing and all they could see was me smiling

grin

Probably bit late now but just go to work and chill out,

onefootinthegrave Tue 19-Mar-19 18:24:34

OP, if FFS offends you so much, have a biscuit

In fact, have whole pack!

t1mum3 Wed 20-Mar-19 19:27:31

@Bunnyfuller "I used to work with a Type 2 diabetic and she always did her sugar reads and jabs in front of colleagues, making a big drama about it." In what way did she make a big drama about it? I'm interested because most people just get on and do it normally as it is a normal part of their life.

@Hyacintharehighersincelasttime - why don't you ask the doctors? I can see you might not want to disclose a possible medical condition, but there is no shame in it.

Bunnyfuller Wed 20-Mar-19 19:33:37

@t1mum3

She used to fluff around like a hen, walked up and down the corridor, loudly asking people if they had any wipes etc ‘as I have to inject’

Do fake hypos when her bum was actually fine, and during which she could still manage to go outside to smoke

Announce loudly when teaching a class ‘we have to have an early break so I can check my sugars’ (and actually went to smoke)

Injected in front of her classes (adults).

WhoWants2Know Wed 20-Mar-19 20:12:38

Anyway, what were the results, OP?

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Thu 21-Mar-19 18:40:24

Assume results are ok as have not heard smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »