Talk

Advanced search

To be frustrated that I can’t find replacement straps for my handbag?!

(7 Posts)
daphine2004 Tue 19-Mar-19 06:12:35

Hi,

Originally posted in the right place but no replies and hoping someone can suggest something.

I’m looking for a replacement black leather handbag strap for a Fossil bag. I’ve already contacted them but they don’t sell spares unfortunately.

Having looked online there are a few places, but wasn’t sure of their quality.

Has anyone bought replacement straps and if so could recommend where from (or where to avoid!).

This is truly frustrating me as I love my bag!

Thanks

PH03b3 Tue 19-Mar-19 07:34:27

Michael kors have just straps if that's any help.

Ariela Tue 19-Mar-19 09:01:03

Ask on your local FB group of local horsey group for recommendations of a local saddler who does leatherwork eg makes bridles etc. They should easily be able to replicate the length/thickness/style of strap and hopefully re-use the attachments/finishing - that'll be the tricky bit, you may find they need to make / order in something similar and replace both straps so they match but it's is definitely do-able.

BabyDarlingDollfaceHoney Tue 19-Mar-19 09:14:19

Oliver Bonas have a lovely red strap in the sale if you feel like jazzing the bag up a bit.
www.oliverbonas.com/accessories/metallic-wave-strap?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=rakuten&utm_campaign=NMPi%202&ranMID=35352&ranEAID=lbHlpxiEbDY&Rakuten=lbHlpxiEbDY

catmumof1 Tue 19-Mar-19 09:41:35

Kate Spade do spare bag straps and there are a few in the sale at the moment

daphine2004 Tue 19-Mar-19 18:22:52

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I may try the horsey place as there are stables just up the road and then the other places.

It’s such a first world problem! Lol

Laska2Meryls Tue 19-Mar-19 18:36:23

I got a new strap made for my v old Mulberry bag from the Handbag Restoration Company They were recommended on here and did a brilliant job..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: