Talk

Advanced search

Father lists his job description as paedophile hunter when registering his babies birth

(104 Posts)
Grumpybaby Mon 18-Mar-19 22:02:04

I saw this today on Facebook.

One of the self styled paedophile hunters who track down potential groomers online has listed his job description as paedophile hunter when registering his new babies birth. He posted a photo of that section on the BC to show that he'd done it.

AIBU to say this is bloody ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed?

Jinglesplodge Mon 18-Mar-19 22:16:05

oh that is utterly grim. I'm surprised the registrar permitted it: I'd have thought there would be rules about what you could enter to stop idiots from saying Jedi and things like that.

PigOnStilts Mon 18-Mar-19 22:17:07

Urfgh.
Gross.

Nicknacky Mon 18-Mar-19 22:23:21

What a wanker.

Gilead Mon 18-Mar-19 22:35:02

Tosser.

BloodMeridian Mon 18-Mar-19 23:14:39

Legend if you ask me. If you look at the pages of any local newspaper you’ll see a vast number of local nonces brought to just thanks to the efforts of paedophile hunters. Sometimes street justice works.

TrixieFranklin Mon 18-Mar-19 23:31:20

Oh god that's awful. It would be slightly better had they put vigilante, or just unemployed.

WhoWants2Know Tue 19-Mar-19 06:30:03

There's another thread on paedophile hunters at the moment, that illustrates the kind that f damage they do. Often the "evidence" they gather is either incorrect or inadmissible. Legend isn't the word I'd use.

IvanaPee Tue 19-Mar-19 06:31:33

Legend?! Ffs!

Whereareyouspot Tue 19-Mar-19 06:33:14

I always get a shudder of he who protest too much at these self styled vigilantes

Plenty of instances of people who claim to be oh so anti something turning out to be perpetrators themselves

SileneOliveira Tue 19-Mar-19 07:44:43

A more accurate description would be "unemployed".

Skittlesss Tue 19-Mar-19 07:47:56

Ugh, I know they think they’re doing a good job and they are highlighting paedophiles, but from an evidential point of view it makes the case a nightmare to progress shock

ShatnersWig Tue 19-Mar-19 07:49:34

1) Photo or it didn't happen
2) Even if you produce a photo, it will have been faked; there is no way a registrar would permit that (I asked one of my friends, who is one)
3) Interesting first post

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 19-Mar-19 07:49:36

More a hobby than a job. Dammit I missed a trick there ‘mother’s occupation - eater of cheese and chocolate’

Cantthinkofanythingrightnow Tue 19-Mar-19 07:51:27

@whereareyouspot I agree. There's a stepdad at my DC's school who has just been charged, I looked on his facebook out of morbid curiosity and he was forever retweeting this sort of thing commenting 'they should murder the scum' etc.

FamilyOfAliens Tue 19-Mar-19 07:56:23

A more accurate description would be "unemployed".

grin

So true.

Dramatical Tue 19-Mar-19 07:57:31

I always get a shudder of he who protest too much at these self styled vigilantes

I protest. The lives of innocent people that have been ruined by these activists is disgusting.

Plenty of instances of people who claim to be oh so anti something turning out to be perpetrators themselves

Yeah, I'm not a paedophile, just a regular person who thinks these vigilante groups are pathetic.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Tue 19-Mar-19 07:59:30

I'd have thought there would be rules about what you could enter to stop idiots from saying Jedi and things like that.

No, Jedi is a legitimate religion, apparently, as it required10,000 followers, and has been since 2001.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

England and Wales[edit]
In England and Wales 390,127 people (almost 0.8%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the country.[34] In the 2001 Census, 2.6% of the population of Brighton claimed to be Jedi. The percentages of religious affiliations were:
Christian: 70%
No religion: 16%
Chose not to respond: 7.8%
Muslim: 3.1%
Hindu: 2.1%
Jedi: 0.7%

Jinglesplodge Tue 19-Mar-19 08:02:47

Ok, Jedi was a bad example. I mean surely the occupation you list ought to actually be an occupation. There must be rules to stop you saying your occupation is "nose picker" or "wasp".

ShitAtScarbble Tue 19-Mar-19 08:05:49

Screenshot please OP

SileneOliveira Tue 19-Mar-19 08:08:07

Shouldn't there also be some sort of proof? I mean, what's to stop you listing yourself on your child's birth certificate as international woman or mystery, pop star, film actor or whatever?

"Paedophile hunter" is not a job. And I have a deep distrust of those sorts of vigilante groups too. They seem to attract a certain type of person, and that's not the nice, reasonable, community-spirited sort of person.

x2boys Tue 19-Mar-19 08:08:25

Try reading the other that thread Bloody,where someone has been verbally abused and her car has been.scratched because she lived next to someone "hunted " by these idiots,if paedophile hunters really cared they would be handing their"evidence" to the police not live streaming all over facebook.

yanboo Tue 19-Mar-19 08:09:35

If these men are supposedly all unemployed and stupid it must be remarkably easy to catch paseophiles. Why are they still at liberty in the first place?

Gwenhwyfar Tue 19-Mar-19 08:11:00

""Paedophile hunter" is not a job. And I have a deep distrust of those sorts of vigilante groups too. They seem to attract a certain type of person, and that's not the nice, reasonable, community-spirited sort of person."

Yep.

TedAndLola Tue 19-Mar-19 08:14:12

There must be rules to stop you saying your occupation is "nose picker" or "wasp".

Snort at wasp :grin:

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »