Talk

Advanced search

To be upset by lack of loyalty?

(19 Posts)
rcat Mon 18-Mar-19 21:42:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bridgetreilly Mon 18-Mar-19 21:48:20

YABU to expect adult life to be like the school playground. No one has to take sides.

kayakingmum Mon 18-Mar-19 21:49:54

I wouldn't take it to heart. Liking something or even being friends with someone on Facebook doesn't mean that much. People just accept friend requests to people they barely know and some people Like stuff on Facebook, regardless of who it's from.
Don't lose your friend over this or get too upset about it. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

ShabbyAbby Mon 18-Mar-19 21:53:18

Maybe she's keeping her friends closer but her enemies closer?
Maybe she is scared of being referred to children's services herself?

ShabbyAbby Mon 18-Mar-19 21:54:37

Friends close but enemies closer *

rcat Mon 18-Mar-19 21:55:40

rcat Mon 18-Mar-19 21:56:28

Justanotherlurker Mon 18-Mar-19 21:57:08

Report her to Facebook and log it to 101, liking posts that you have reported is a definite red flag.

Highlighting this serious situation on another forum shows how dangerous this is.

You could just call pigeon hole her as a troll that is trying to trigger you or you could wonder what your going to make for dinner on Friday, the situation is comparable

DisplayPurposesOnly Mon 18-Mar-19 22:12:54

I wouldn't be happy about it. I'd expect my friend to be giving this person a wide berth. Have you asked her about it?

Stephthegreat Mon 18-Mar-19 22:15:20

YANBU

I would feel betrayed.Speak to her about it and explain why you feel hurt.

rcat Mon 18-Mar-19 22:20:47

StillCoughingandLaughing Mon 18-Mar-19 22:21:53

Report her to Facebook and log it to 101, liking posts that you have reported is a definite red flag. Highlighting this serious situation on another forum shows how dangerous this is. You could just call pigeon hole her as a troll that is trying to trigger you or you could wonder what your going to make for dinner on Friday, the situation is comparable

Pointless, childish comment.

WorraLiberty Mon 18-Mar-19 22:31:20

How do you know who reported you to SS?

Perhaps your friend doesn't believe it was her?

Stephthegreat Mon 18-Mar-19 22:31:43

it depends what your friend says but I would have to agree with your dh.i wouldn’t risk hurting a friends feelings when it could be easily avoided by not liking something on social media.

rcat Mon 18-Mar-19 22:34:27

thedisorganisedmum Mon 18-Mar-19 22:42:51

yes, YABU

it's Facebook, it doesn't matter and it means absolutely nothing for normal people?

If your partner likes someone's post on facebook, you wouldn't accuse him of emotional affair, would you.

rcat Mon 18-Mar-19 22:52:39

BloodMeridian Mon 18-Mar-19 22:53:11

You all sound a bit Jeremy Kyle tbh

NoineNoine Tue 19-Mar-19 05:08:40

Meh, I don't know. I still have some people on my FB that I keep meaning to remove, like ex boyfriends of my friends, including one who treated her quite badly. But somehow I never muster up enough energy tk really weed through my list. It's not like all those people are really friends.

Liking posts though.. What sort of posts? I might see something funny or interesting and like it, but I never really notice who is sharing them. Is it stuff like that or personal pictures?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: