Talk

Advanced search

Courier charges

(3 Posts)
Toooldforthisshit49 Mon 18-Mar-19 17:04:26

Having a nightmare, DH trying to order a new sink for our kitchen after we found the perfect one on TapsUk and they want to charge £100 to send it from Birmingham to Scotland! AIBU to think this is outrageous? Just can't get my head round how this cost can be justified.

AdoreTheBeach Mon 18-Mar-19 17:30:29

If it’s particularly heavy, you’re outside their normal delivery area and need to use another courier - I can see it being a true cost. Small companies can’t compete with the big stores getting discounts for postage due to high volumes of the big stores.

You an easily find out if this is reasonable by contacting a courier, giving dimensions/weight of the sink and get your own quote.

Just before Xmas, I had the downstairs loo redone. I saved over £100 by collecting the sink/vanity unit myself. And that was only about a 20 mile journey.

Toooldforthisshit49 Mon 18-Mar-19 17:43:42

As far as I know they're not a small company, I would be happy to collect it but it's a bit far Scotland to Birmingham 🤔

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »