Talk

Advanced search

to ask how to meet someone?

(11 Posts)
ramenrah Mon 18-Mar-19 15:37:22

Single mum (recently) to a gorgeous baby. Very lonely and whilst I'm concentrating on me and my son I would love to eventually meet someone. I just... don't know how 😥 my social life consists of meeting up with mum friends, and... that's about it! Am I doomed to a life of singledom? It's very difficult with a 7 month old and i almost feel guilty for craving a loving, healthy relationship...

Any tips?

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Mon 18-Mar-19 15:39:40

Most people meet at work.

What happened to your old school/work friends?

ramenrah Mon 18-Mar-19 15:41:36

I move 200 miles away from where I went to school, 500 miles from where I went to university, and I work in an all female + 1 gay male + 1 married male office 🤦🏽‍♀️

ramenrah Mon 18-Mar-19 15:53:34

I also now have a very weird looking body which I'm not quite used to yet so my confidence is pretty crap!

33goingon64 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:14:41

This isn't an answer to your question so feel free to ignore, but if it's a recent split you might benefit from some time on your own before you meet someone new. None of my business I know but not sure how successful a relationship with someone new would be if you've not been on your own long and have a very young DC. Good luck whatever happens, not an easy time I would imagine.

ramenrah Mon 18-Mar-19 16:17:40

Absolutely @33goingon64

I'm not in a hurry. In fact I have 6 months of maternity leave left and would like to spend at least the rest of if (hopefully more) on my own, enjoying every second of being with my son. I'm thinking about the future i guess and suppose need reassurance that there may be someone out there for me, as I'm pretty lonely atm...

PH03b3 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:55:09

Online dating?

JenniferJareau Mon 18-Mar-19 17:01:30

Maybe try meetup.com? Chance to get out and do a hobby / activity with others and you never know who you'll meet.

ramenrah Mon 18-Mar-19 20:39:54

I'm really scared of online dating. I hate the idea that the person I'm talking to could be lying to me or pretending to be someone they're not.

TealandAbs Mon 18-Mar-19 20:45:25

Online dating is not for me. I need real connection, in the person.

Plain is dating a co-worker advisable? What about the fall out if it goes wrong, especially if you are the junior colleague? Gossip, etc?

CheerioHunter Mon 18-Mar-19 20:50:07

I think you're in quite a good position really.
If you find it easy to make friends with lots of mums, then I'm sure many of these mums will have friends / brothers, and have partners with plenty of friends etc.
And with them being a (new) mum too, will appreciate your situation somewhat, and hopefully be able to filter the list of potentials for you.

You don't have to quiz them for everyone they know, just drop in a group chat you're finding it difficult meeting nice guys and if any of them knew any you'd be up for a coffee...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: