Talk

Advanced search

To have a craving for that Philadelphia chocolate cheese?

(18 Posts)
blubberball Mon 18-Mar-19 14:54:00

Can you even still get that. I'm quite depressed today. I have depression any way, but extra down because I hurt my back and can't go to work, and my period started today.

I was craving something, but I wasn't sure what, then I remembered that Cadbury Philadelphia cheese. I remember how disgusting chocolate cheese sounded at first, and then I was pleasantly surprised. I went through a phase of buying it, and then it kind of fell off my radar. Perhaps everyone else did the same, and stopped buying it after the excitement wore off.

Dieu Mon 18-Mar-19 15:34:43

Ohhhh, I loved that too. It was like chocolate cheesecake topping, and was divine on digestive biscuits or hobnobs.
Sad news though OP, I'm pretty sure it has been discontinued. Or at least I haven't seen it in the shops for ages sad
Hope you're feeling better soon thanks

blubberball Mon 18-Mar-19 15:50:39

Thanks. I was wondering if I was misremembering.

burritofan Mon 18-Mar-19 15:53:24

Sorry you're blue; everything will feel worse when you have your period and you're injured.

The good news is you can mash cocoa powder and icing sugar into ordinary cream cheese and eat it with a spoon and it's delicious and no one can stop us.

fishonabicycle Mon 18-Mar-19 15:54:42

That stuff was grim! And I like both chocolate and Philadelphia - together was horrible though 😂

NeverHadANickname Mon 18-Mar-19 15:58:24

I thought I would love that because I love chocolate cheesecake but it was awful I thought!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

MimsyBorogroves Mon 18-Mar-19 15:59:19

I was really disappointed in it.

merdde Mon 18-Mar-19 15:59:55

I loved that stuff

NicoAndTheNiners Mon 18-Mar-19 16:01:06

Oh god I'd forgotten all about it. Saw your thread title, got excited and am now gutted that they've stopped doing it!

PabloTescobar Mon 18-Mar-19 16:01:57

The good news is you can mash cocoa powder and icing sugar into ordinary cream cheese and eat it with a spoon and it's delicious and no one can stop us.

It's even better if you use mascarpone.

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 18-Mar-19 16:03:12

Wow I’d completely forgotten about that!!

blubberball Mon 18-Mar-19 16:14:31

Funny how quickly we forget 😂

Bravelurker Mon 18-Mar-19 16:22:33

I remember having to explain how amazing it was to friends and have them giving me that eww look.
It was awesome, a bit like the chocolate covered pretzels hmm.

Kochicoo Mon 18-Mar-19 16:25:35

I loved it too and was just saying the other day how sad it was it'd been discontinued. That on biscuits...aaahhh. Am going to try the cocoa and icing sugar tip.

dreamalittlebiggerdarling Mon 18-Mar-19 22:44:44

I was just saying the same the other day, there’s nothing else quite like it and tons of savoury Philly flavours... boo hiss.

The chocolate covered pretzels still exist though!

Rockbird Mon 18-Mar-19 22:47:43

It was amazing. I was gutted when they dropped it. sad

BoomTish Mon 18-Mar-19 22:53:58

I loved it on Digestives too.

OP, if you like cheesy sweetness, I’m happy to share my best recipe.

Slice a cinnamon and raisin bagel in half, and toast.
Spread liberally with original Philadelphia.
Top off with raspberry jam, or a jam of your choice.

It’s insanely good. Kind of cheesecakey, but also kind of cheeseboardy.

CheezerGoode Mon 18-Mar-19 22:55:52

Yes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »