Talk

Advanced search

To feel sad about the clocks going forward soon

(23 Posts)
thatmustbenigelwiththebrie Mon 18-Mar-19 14:45:10

I know most people hate them going back but I always feel a bit sad about them going forward.

I feel like we're just starting to get some daylight in the mornings and soon we'll be back to square one when the clocks change and it will be dark again. I would much rather have light mornings than evenings.

I know that soon it will be light all the time but it does feel like a step backwards to me.

megletthesecond Mon 18-Mar-19 14:46:47

I know what you mean. The extra month of dark mornings is hard.

BigChocFrenzy Mon 18-Mar-19 14:47:37

I love the sunny evenings after work smile

Rockbird Mon 18-Mar-19 14:49:06

Me too, but it's because I detest summer and it means we're moving towards the worst time of the year.

thatmustbenigelwiththebrie Mon 18-Mar-19 14:49:07

But after work is for being in your pyjamas in my world! And plus, when is it ever sunny?

[grump]

Topseyt Mon 18-Mar-19 14:50:11

Not sad at all here. Can't wait.

happyhillock Mon 18-Mar-19 14:50:27

I like light sunny evenings, makes me feel happier, hate when its dark at 4pm .

TragicRabbit Mon 18-Mar-19 14:51:29

Me too
Lighting candles in the evening is romantic and cosy. In the morning it’s all strip lights and zombies.

Trillis Mon 18-Mar-19 14:51:57

I don't want the clocks to change either. I'd be happiest on GMT all year round.

TragicRabbit Mon 18-Mar-19 14:52:45

Maybe that’s just here

hazeyjane Mon 18-Mar-19 14:53:32

Me too, but it's because I detest summer and it means we're moving towards the worst time of the year.

Same here!

ilovemylurcher Mon 18-Mar-19 14:54:59

I just hate us f***ing about with the clocks full stop.
If ever a referundum were needed, surely it's on that? Why can't we just leave them alone?
(And I'm with you OP- I prefer them as they are now, but if it were year round GMT or BST it would be better than this).

BitchQueen90 Mon 18-Mar-19 14:57:54

I much prefer darker mornings because as soon as the bedroom gets light I'm bloody awake even if it's 5am.

I love summer and I think I'm the only person who enjoys the clock change. I love the light summer evenings and then the extra hour of sleep when they go back in October.

1shotcappuccino Mon 18-Mar-19 15:33:10

I really dislike summer. Goes dark too late, pain to get ds to go to sleep. Too warm to sleep some nights even with a fan on. Gets light ridiculously early. Car is uncomfortably warm and daily bus commute is horrible.
And summer clothes .....

JorahsMistress Mon 18-Mar-19 15:34:57

I get up at 2am ish for work everyday, so forward or back its always dark mornings for me, but it would be nice to have some lighter evenings, tho i hated that when i had small kids as it was hard to convince them it really was bedtime 😂

Seniorschoolmum Mon 18-Mar-19 15:35:25

It’s light by 6am now, so 7am to 7pm is better for me. I’ll be able to run in the evenings.

BlueSkiesLies Mon 18-Mar-19 15:36:47

BST is much better for me. I can run or bike in the evenings. No need to it to be light before 7am IMO :-)

WinterHeatWave Mon 18-Mar-19 15:59:41

Its brilliant. Reduces the time difference between me and my parents, which makes fitting in a Skype call much easier!

DramaAlpaca Mon 18-Mar-19 16:02:06

I like the longer evenings so I'm looking forward to the clocks going forward.

ALongHardWinter Mon 18-Mar-19 16:03:35

Rockbird Huurrah! Someone else who doesn't absolutely love summer! I thought I was the only one. I'm just hoping that we don't get a repeat of last summer's excessive temperatures.

ALongHardWinter Mon 18-Mar-19 16:04:33

Huurah ? I meant 'hurrah'!

MrsScrubbingbrush Mon 18-Mar-19 16:18:01

Me too - it happens on Mothering Sunday😡

Also the DDs are in the Guides who always take part in a church service on that day so bang goes my lie in!

ForalltheSaints Mon 18-Mar-19 16:21:57

I disagree with the OP. I'd prefer BST all year round. Compared with the 70s when we went back to putting clocks back in the winter, far fewer people start work before 8am than was the case then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »