Talk

Advanced search

Husband shouting at dog

(2 Posts)
Farmday Sun 17-Mar-19 18:31:30

I feel like DH has seemed so different at times over the last year but the biggest change is that he used to love our ddog but lately everything the dog does seems to drive him mad. The point of this post isn't about the dog, but I am going to do some more training with him and give him a "job".

All the dog does is whine a bit when he is due his walks and become a bit needy and nose for attention in the evenings when he is bored. Earlier he was rolling a ball around and playing happily albeit noisily and DH kept huffing and puffing. He was concentrating on something though so I understand that a bit.

Then the ball rolled behind something and he barked only twice and DH yelled WILL YOU SHUT UP at the absolute top of his voice right next to where our 1 year old was playing. It really upset me because it's so out of character and also because our beautiful DC's little lip started to wobble. I scooped them up and went upstairs and DH has no idea that we were upset.

He has admitted he's struggled with depression after several stressful life events one after the other (I suppose inc baby!) but sometimes I worry about him as his personality just seems different sometimes (other times he is his lovely self)

I suppose I just worry that DC and I will start to annoy him as much as the dog soon but I don't know if I'm making too much of this, or how I should approach it.

HappyBumbleBee Sun 17-Mar-19 18:39:39

I think you need to sit down with your hubby and talk about your concerns. Point out the incident with the dog and how it upset you and your child - and of course the dog who had gone from being lots and lots of attention to being shouted at - did hubbys attitude with dog begin after your child was born?
Either way, you need to sit down with him and talk. If he's suffering or beginning to get worse with depression he may not even realise how his actions are affecting you and your family life xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »