Talk

Advanced search

To think DP is an idiot (lighthearted)

(8 Posts)
avocadochocolate Sun 17-Mar-19 13:30:28

So, DP falls over uneven paving stone while abroad (Europe) last week. He said arm and shoulder really painful. I suspect fracture due to his description of pain.

I told him to ask his hotel to direct him to nearest A&E so he could have x-ray. He said he was too busy etc but kept phoning me up telling me it was painful.

He returned Friday evening. Saturday morning, he let out loud yell while putting a plate in the dishwasher..... I told him to go to local hospital. Today, he nearly fainted with pain in shower, so I told him again to go to hospital. He is now sitting on sofa watching TV and tells me he doesn't want to go to hospital today "because hospitals are always understaffed at weekends".

PregnantSea Sun 17-Mar-19 15:58:18

It is true that he will be waiting for longer because it's the weekend... But it's still very silly not to just go and get it sorted asap. Makes me think the pain isn't so bad though if he's left it this long already?

Butterymuffin Sun 17-Mar-19 16:01:40

If he won't go to hospital, I would keep saying 'It can't be that bad or you'd have gone to hospital' every time he complains / yells out.

burritofan Sun 17-Mar-19 16:03:33

Challenge him to an arm wrestle, then a game of ping-pong.

When he eventually gives in and goes to hospital and it turns out to be fractured, please prepare a welcome home banner or cake that reads "I told you so".

GarthFunkel Sun 17-Mar-19 16:06:18

Can you make him a picnic and drop him off at A&E. Obviously you won't be able to stay because you'll need to come home and get some dance practice in for when he comes home in a cast and you need to do your very best I Told You So dance. While wearing a 'sit there in your wrongness being wrong' t-shirt.

avocadochocolate Sun 17-Mar-19 16:52:24

Lol @burritofan and @GarthFunkel !

avocadochocolate Sun 17-Mar-19 16:52:56

@Butterymuffin yep. Good idea! Thank you!

GarthFunkel Wed 20-Mar-19 21:05:47

Has he survived?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »