Talk

Advanced search

To not tell him about pregnancy

(29 Posts)
ItsAMooPoint Sun 17-Mar-19 11:03:24

Just got a positive pregnancy test this morning and I'm considering not telling DH.

We've had 6 miscarriages so far so this would be pregnancy number 7.

WIBU to keep this one to myself until a bit further down the line? I feel like it's wrong but honestly the hardest part about losing these pregnancies has been having to tell him again when the bleeding starts. He's so supportive and strong but I can tell that he's disappointed and tries to hide it for my sake.

Stawp Sun 17-Mar-19 17:38:22

My husband has balanced chromosomal translocation which can lead to miscarriages with me. I'd never hide a pregnancy (and possible miscarriage) from him just because it might not work out. You're in this together.

Crunchymum Sun 17-Mar-19 17:43:36

I understand completely, we had 7 miscarriages and it got to the point where a positive pregnancy test wasn't actually a happy thing for us.

Give yourself a little time to get your head round it. You can tell him tomorrow or in a few days. Fingers crossed you get your baby.

After many losses (and 'no reason' when we were tested at recurrent miscarriage clinic) we now have 3 wonderful children. Hang in there.

ItsAMooPoint Sun 17-Mar-19 20:52:53

Thanks so much for all your kind words flowers

SD1978 Mon 25-Mar-19 08:56:17

How are you going? xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »